The Wall Street Journal – Breaking news headlines, stock market updates & financial coverage, plus business analysis.
By Dow Jones & Company, Inc., publisher of The Wall Street Journal.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make time for the news app that’s as ambitious as you are. Get the latest headlines and interactive features from the Wall Street Journal, the world-renowned news organization with more than 125 years of peerless reporting and award-winning journalism.
The WSJ app gives you instant access to breaking stories from around the world plus the latest on business and finance, politics and technology, as well as expert commentary and analysis and up-to-the-minute updates on global stock markets and company news.
Whether you prefer browsing the contents of our daily edition or the latest updates from our real-time news team, the WSJ app delivers exceptional writing and captivating visual journalism to your phone, tablet or watch. Every section features videos, photo slideshows, data and interactive graphics and cutting edge experiences like virtual reality and 360-degree videos.
The WSJ app also offers a wide range of special sections like the WSJ. Magazine and customizable stock quote watchlists and saved article sections, as well as coverage of lifestyle topics and features on media, marketing, arts, health, personal technology, social media and real estate.
With the WSJ app you can find the news you need wherever and whenever you need it.
- Global headlines and breaking news with embedded multimedia, full-screen video and interactive graphics.
- Notifications sent to you instantly as important news breaks so you will be the first to know what is happening around the world.
- Fast load time and downloading of new content, rapid and reliable updates and improved stability.
- Enhanced iPad versions of the Journal’s U.S., Europe and Asia newspaper editions.
- Informed opinions on finance, business, politics, personal investments and careers.
- Articles on arts, film, television, fashion, food, design and travel.
- Market data integrated seamlessly into stories, displaying stock and shares performance for companies.
- Special investigative projects and in-depth series on global and financial news.
- Full access to WSJ. Magazine
- Virtual reality video and innovative technology such as WSJ news on your Apple Watch.
Download now for a free trial to access coverage of breaking global news, business, finance and politics, corporate shares information and everything else that makes the Wall Street Journal essential daily reading for world leaders and daily readers alike.
Key Features for Apple Watch:
- The breaking news stories you need to know immediately, instantly available on your watch screen, with the ability to save and read later on your iPhone or iPad.
You can now get the WSJ’s award-winning journalism for $32.99 per month and receive unlimited digital access on your iPad, iPhone and WSJ Online.
Your subscription will renew automatically each month and payment will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. All cancellations will take effect at the end of the current period.
For more information visit: http://www.wsj.com
Follow us on: https://www.youtube.com/user/WSJDigitalNetwork?hl=en-GB&gl=GB
What's New in Version 7.7.3
Thank you for updating to the latest version of the WSJ app.
WSJ 7.7.3 improves the way the app downloads the news to get you updates faster and even when you are not actively using the app.
This version also adds support for animated GIFs, improves news page designs and enhances overall performance.
Thank you for your comments. We are focused on improving the app with every release and your feedback helps guide our work. In addition to App Store reviews, please let us know of any issues you experience through the “Email Customer Support” link on our app settings page.
Very nice app
I've been using this app for a very long time on an iPad mini and have appreciated how it has gotten steadily better over time. It's now an excellent way to keep up with the paper. Navigation through an issue is easy and pleasant, and I regularly use the app offline for days at a stretch. (The device makes a difference: the experience on an iPhone, for example, is vastly different. It only shows a subset of fairly recent articles and randomly decides when to update. Quite annoying.)
There continue to be glitches with the page listing the available issues: it's often blank and will drive you nuts if you use set it to download fewer than 7 issues. Some articles are not available offline, but the app does not flag this. These are minor to me compared to the overall value of the app, however.
It's much better than the iTunes review UI, e.g.
Journal, cure thyself
I have been disappointed in the lack of innovation in the online Journal's technology. I find it quite slow when I log in, taking up to a minute or more to get to its "edition" and also slow to get to sections or specific articles. Content is often interrupted by advertising pages or half-pages that take over if accidentally touched.
For a publication whose editorial policy is based so prominently on criticizing what others are doing or saying, they don't do a good enough job of taking care of their own business. I'm cancelling my regular subscription and will occasionally buy a copy to find out what's the latest from Murdoch, Inc.
Worse every version!
Each new version adds unwanted "features" and eye candy. We just want to read the paper not wait to download fancy/ugly layouts. Now we can't download the paper and get on a plane. We are utterly dependent on the network connection. Now there are more links to the web site where you have to log in to WSJ again. (Why have an app when you are being redirected to the web site anyway?) It was stable for a few months but now it is crashing again. Someone got the idea to redesign the layout without doing any A B testing so it is less useful than the previous version and takes longer to navigate through.
As others say, WSJ would be better served by firing these developers and starting again.
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 15, 2016
- Version: 7.7.3
- Size: 35.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Dow Jones & Company, Inc., publisher of The Wall Street Journal.
- © 2016 Dow Jones & Company. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Wall Street Journal$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal$32.99
- The Wall Street Journal Mobile$12.99
- The Wall Street Journal Asia$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal Europe$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal$32.99
- The Wall Street Journal$32.99
- The Wall Street Journal 日本$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal 日本$32.99
- The Wall Street Journal Deutschland$22.99