The Wall Street Journal.
By Wall Street Journal
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make Time for the App That's As Ambitious As You Are - Take a 4-Week Free Trial Today! Now with WSJ for Apple Watch and Evernote Premium*.
The new WSJ app is an immersive digital news experience modeled after the iconic Wall Street Journal newspaper. It brings you the latest news, as well as expert commentary and analysis from around the world, with enhanced features and visual storytelling that bring the Journal to life. And it’s all delivered through a cleaner, simpler interface so you can find the news you need, anywhere you need it.
Plus, experience WSJ content in an engaging new way with the WSJ app for Apple Watch. Get instant access to breaking news, market information and everything else that makes the Journal essential reading for people who can’t afford to miss a thing, all with just a glance at your wrist.
- A stunning visual experience with rich photo slideshows, full-screen video and interactive graphics
- Optimized performance that delivers faster load times and improved stability
- Streamlined navigation consistent with the structure of the paper, while offering quick access to breaking news and analysis.
- Multiple ways to read including the digital versions of our U.S., Europe and Asia print editions as well as the latest news from WSJ
Key Features for Apple Watch:
- The top stories you need to know right now, easily available right on your watch screen, with the ability to save and read later on your iPhone.
- Push notifications sent to you as news breaks so you'll never be the last to know.
- Market data information integrated seamlessly into accompanying stories, displaying stock performance for companies and other need-to-know items that keep you synced up with your portfolio.
Special Features for iOS 8:
- Notification Center that displays the top four stories pulled from latest news right on your home screen
- Interactive push notifications that link to a breaking news story that can be saved for later
- Start reading an article on one Apple device and seamlessly continue on another
Subscribe for $22.99 per month to receive unlimited digital access on iPad, iPhone, all other WSJ tablet & smartphone apps, and WSJ Online.
Your subscription will renew automatically each month and payment will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of your subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
* A complimentary one year subscription to Evernote Premium is currently available only to U.S. subscribers who are eligible for WSJ+.
What's New in Version 6.3.1
Hello, and thank you for updating to the latest edition of the WSJ app. In this release, we've improved the way we track our reader's preferences so that we can serve them better in future updates. This won't directly impact your experience now but will drive more meaningful enhancements in the weeks to come.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Still needs work
The content and presentation of the WSJ are good and fine. I look forward to a click and read every morning. Sadly I've accepted that I am going to be gouged financially for online, iPhone and iPad access to the tune of $207/year. The critical feature that needs to be added is a basic text view for the ipad without the videos and images. This is important for when I'm one the go and using 3G; especially when being further by AT&T's international roaming plan. Another user importantly points out that each issue can be 15+MB. Otherwise I think the developers have done a reasonable job of fixing the prior crashing problems. One should be able to select which version to download based on the type of connection 3G vs wifi. Finally I'd like them to work on the gesture sensitivity or allow us non New Yorkers to avoid the greater NY content I'm subjected to with every inadvertent swipe of the hand. Developers please respond and give us options. Just let us download a single issue as published as a pdf and not spin constantly looking for updates. I love my local paper print edition PDF. Give us the same for the wsj app. The content is so good but the digital delivery is so bad it's making me think of dropping my subscription.
Please fix the refresh issue NOW
This just echoes what everyone else has been saying (and they're absolutely right), but the horrible refresh problem with the app MUST be fixed immediately. This cannot wait. This must be corrected NOW. The Wall Street Journal is not a free service. This is $28 per month. There is no excuse for the Dow Jones company to talk up up the digital content for its apps as much as they do and then have such a horrible app in the hands of its subscribers. And while we're at it, we can't pretend that the Journal isn't taking cues from the New York Times when it comes to its digital platform. The new rollout for the website resembles the Times in at least three areas I can think of off hand. And that's fine. Problem is, the Times has a flawless app. Get this right, WSJ.
The app is fine in most respects, but ever since I've been using it going back a few years I've had the same aggravating problems.
The app seems to refresh if and when it wants to instead of when it's supposed to. This is particularly problematic when I'm in a low or intermittent signal area such as the NYC subway.
The app will try to refresh at random moments, whether I'm reopening the app or have been in the app for a while. If I'm in a low signal area when this happens, then I can pretty much forget about reading the news until I can re-connect because all previously downloaded articles need to be re downloaded.
Sometimes it appears to have just refreshed, but when I pull down to refresh again I'll see that it really didn't refresh the first time.
Some articles that should have been fully downloaded do not open at all when I don't have an Internet connection.
The newsstand automatic updating does not seem to work at all, EVER. I've checked the iPhone settings. Not sure if this is an app issue or an iPhone issue.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 29, 2015
- Version: 6.3.1
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Wall Street Journal
- © 2015 Dow Jones & Company. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Wall Street Journal$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal Mobile$12.99
- The Wall Street Journal Asia$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal Europe$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal 日本$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal Deutschland$22.99