The Wall Street Journal.
By Wall Street Journal
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make Time for the App That's As Ambitious As You Are - Take a 4-Week Free Trial Today! Now with WSJ for Apple Watch and Evernote Premium*.
The new WSJ app is an immersive digital news experience modeled after the iconic Wall Street Journal newspaper. It brings you the latest news, as well as expert commentary and analysis from around the world, with enhanced features and visual storytelling that bring the Journal to life. And it’s all delivered through a cleaner, simpler interface so you can find the news you need, anywhere you need it.
Plus, experience WSJ content in an engaging new way with the WSJ app for Apple Watch. Get instant access to breaking news, market information and everything else that makes the Journal essential reading for people who can’t afford to miss a thing, all with just a glance at your wrist.
- A stunning visual experience with rich photo slideshows, full-screen video and interactive graphics
- Optimized performance that delivers faster load times and improved stability
- Streamlined navigation consistent with the structure of the paper, while offering quick access to breaking news and analysis.
- Multiple ways to read including the digital versions of our U.S., Europe and Asia print editions as well as the latest news from WSJ
Key Features for Apple Watch:
- The top stories you need to know right now, easily available right on your watch screen, with the ability to save and read later on your iPhone.
- Push notifications sent to you as news breaks so you'll never be the last to know.
- Market data information integrated seamlessly into accompanying stories, displaying stock performance for companies and other need-to-know items that keep you synced up with your portfolio.
Special Features for iOS 8:
- Notification Center that displays the top four stories pulled from latest news right on your home screen
- Interactive push notifications that link to a breaking news story that can be saved for later
- Start reading an article on one Apple device and seamlessly continue on another
Subscribe for $22.99 per month to receive unlimited digital access on iPad, iPhone, all other WSJ tablet & smartphone apps, and WSJ Online.
Your subscription will renew automatically each month and payment will be charged to your iTunes Account within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of your subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
* A complimentary one year subscription to Evernote Premium is currently available only to U.S. subscribers who are eligible for WSJ+.
What's New in Version 6.3.2
Much better. Love it
You will see my initial review from many months ago on which I had expressed my displeasure. Well, now I am happy to report that all those issues have been corrected. I love the look, feel and navigation of this app for iPad and iPhone. I highly recommend it. Thanks.
I am extremely disappointed with this updated version of the WSJ iPad app. The old version kept a list of articles visible along the right side of the screen when reading an article. Now it disappears every time I click on an article. I have to click on the top right of the screen to bring up the list again. Sure, I can scroll through every article but that isn't as convenient as using a list to jump directly to certain articles. Even worse, when bringing up the list each time, I have to start scrolling from the top of the list every time. The old version picked up with the most recent article I had read. This new version is a pain and not the " improvement" they say that it is. Remember many years ago when Coca Cola came out with the "New Coke"? Apparently the designers of this new WSJ version don't!
The content of the Wall Street Journal speaks for itself. However, the iPhone app is absolutely abysmal. I have complained to customer support repeatedly for well over a year. The app is riddled with bugs, the most frustrating of which is its inability to properly download updates. It is continually trying to update, even when you are in the middle of an article. I have had occasions where the app updated three times within the same article. The app also does not seem to care whether or not you have a strong signal on your phone, which means it will try to update even if you have the weakest of possible signals, thereby freezing and crashing the app. I am near the point of canceling my subscription. This is a costly monthly subscription, and given that the app renders the content nearly useless, I question why I have not canceled it yet. Perhaps it is because I am willing to give the Dow Jones Company just a little bit more time, but, if they cannot fix this soon, I will just go on reading the New York Times, whose is absolutely fantastic.
Changes I Am Requesting
For as much as we pay for the privilege to read the WSJ, this app really needs work. First, the constant refreshing of the app data has annoyed me so much I refresh once and place my phone on airplane mode so I can browse articles without interruption. Second, when I open the app it always shows outdated information (I'm fine with that) however it takes too long to refresh regardless if I'm on wifi or LTE. When it does finally refresh, I experience the constant refresh issue. Third, not all of the articles are available on the app. Again I'll reiterate we spend a lot of money each year for the privilege to read WSJ articles. In my opinion, the New York Times app is significantly better. I feel that I am being forced to cancel my WSJ subscription because of the app user interface and the bugs it comes with. I am sad to leave but I hope this review will find the right people and changes will be made. I truly enjoy reading the WSJ and wish to return soon.
iPhone 6 plus user
- Category: News
- Updated: May 15, 2015
- Version: 6.3.2
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Wall Street Journal
- © 2015 Dow Jones & Company. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Wall Street Journal$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal Mobile$12.99
- The Wall Street Journal Asia$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal Europe$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal 日本$22.99
- The Wall Street Journal Deutschland$22.99