The Washington Post Classic for iPad
By The Washington Post
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy every story, feature and insight from The Washington Post with our classic app for iPad.
Stay informed with award-winning national and international news, PLUS complete local news coverage of the D.C. metro area. Enjoy a digital replica of each day’s print edition, down to every photo and special insert. Get fresh perspectives on the world from Post bloggers. Read stories wherever you are with convenient offline reading. This app brings you everything daily Washington Post readers enjoy—along with extra benefits for added mobile convenience.
▪ D.C. METRO NEWS: Learn what’s going on in the nation’s capital with stories about D.C. and the surrounding metro area.
▪ PRINT EDITION: Flip through The Washington Post right on your iPad with our digital replica of each day’s print newspaper.
▪ TOP HEADLINES: Quickly browse the day’s top headlines and read the full story—with just a tap of the finger.
▪ LIVE: Keep up with breaking events with liveblog updates, and watch the news happen with Live Video.
▪ BLOGS: Find out what The Post’s most insightful bloggers have to say about everything from politics to sports to pop culture.
▪ OFFLINE READING: Save your must-read articles to “My Post” for offline reading when it’s convenient for you.
▪ OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access for just $14.99/month (first month FREE).
▪ EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to The All-New Washington Post App on all your smartphones and tablets.
▪ PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
▪ AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
▪ TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
Questions? Comments? Please let us know at iPadClassic@washpost.com.
What's New in Version 3.10.6
- Addresses crashes in Print Edition.
- Minor bug fixes.
Enjoy our app? Think it could be better? Let us know your thoughts at iPadClassic@washpost.com.
I have to say that the current version of the print edition Washington Post has been a joy. The visuals and text are excellent. I am very pleased. The pages seem to turn quite naturally and they the zoom feature is straightforward. The only concerns are that there is a bit of time required to download and the interface is a little complicated especially if you have no need to download certain sections. But that is a minor issue in an otherwise well implemented newspaper. I hope you get the enjoyment that I have had.
I'm a Post devotee, print & electronic versions. Our family has 2 iPads, 2 iPhones and a MacBook Pro. We access the Post on all of them. I've gone thru the painful start of the iPad/iPhone App. Wasn't near as slick as the latest versions. I may even stop getting the print version some day, especially now that the crossword puzzle function is quite reliable. The online games are appreciated to and can't be duplicated via print.
Thanks for the continuous improvements IT Team.
This app went from useless to wonderful with the update and OS9. But after a few months, it has reverted to annoying as heck. It crashes multiple times on startup, pages turn inexplicably black, and the paper no longer pre-loads. On returning to the app, it freezes up for minutes (updating?) while I am 'allowed' to stare at part of one page.
I wish it would remember where I last used it so I would not have to search through the paper to find what I had not read.
I am using this with an iPad 2.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 15, 2016
- Version: 3.10.6
- Size: 54.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © Washington Post, 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Washington Post$14.99