The Washington Post for iPad
By The Washington Post
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Washington Post for iPad brings together trusted reporting, insightful analysis and immersive multimedia in a package that's optimized for your device. Explore a digital edition with up-to-the-minute reporting and commentary, a complete replica of our print edition, more than 40 comic strips plus easy access to all of your favorite columnists.
• You can download the app for free and enjoy complimentary stories each month.
• For unlimited access, a one-month subscription is available for $14.99 -- with the first month free!
DETAILS ABOUT AUTO-RENEWAL:
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless it's cancelled 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Once installed, you will find this application in the Newsstand folder on the iPad home screen. The icon will appear like the image of your daily newspaper.
What's New in Version 3.0.4
• Fix a potential crash in iOS 7
A cross word
The Washington Post app for iPad news reporting qualities are excellent, made the more so by the feature making it possible to view the printed version every day. As a former longtime resident of D.C., I welcomed access to this format. However, I'd agreed to pay the monthly subscription fee because I was also to have access to the daily crossword puzzle. This worked for a short time but no longer. Now, after presenting the two advertising commercials one is compelled to watch before the puzzle is to emerge, the app crashes. This is not an occasional problem but a constant one.
Crashes and Freezes
I try to read the Washington Post online every morning. But when opening it, it freezes while updating. Then once it starts to work, if I open an article, it crashes. I have even tried opening it, then walking away figuring I would let it update. But when I return it has usually crashed, meaning it has not updated its content.
As soon as this subscription expires, I am going to try a different paper.
Auto Download sporadic
I like the app and think they've started to improve its reliability. I do NOT like the unreliable auto download function as I am now reduced to looking hopefully at my iPad in the morning to see the new edition icon, which is frequently not there. As a result, I waste my time opening the app and downloading the new edition in my precious time before work. Post, you can do better.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 06, 2015
- Version: 3.0.4
- Size: 49.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © Washington Post, 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Washington Post$14.99