The Washington Post
By The Washington Post
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Designed for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and the new Apple TV, this app keeps you informed with award-winning national and international news coverage — along with striking photography and informative graphics that bring stories to life. Intuitive browsing and a streamlined design allow you to seamlessly navigate through stories and enjoy in-depth reading.
Special for new readers: Get your first month of The Washington Post App FREE!
▪ INTUITIVE NAVIGATION: Easily browse through and between sections.
▪ EASY VIEWING: Swipe or scroll through articles, then select and read full stories.
▪ STREAMLINED DESIGN: Enjoy an uncluttered, engaging reading experience that makes it easier to find—and read—the stories that matter to you.
▪ IN-DEPTH READING: Immerse yourself in stories where the focus is on storytelling—enhanced by bold photos and graphics.
▪ AWARD-WINNING COVERAGE: Stay informed with award-winning national reporting and expertly curated stories.
▪ FREQUENT UPDATES: Stay connected 24/7 with breaking news and other important updates throughout the day.
▪ 3D TOUCH SUPPORT: Get a sneak peek at top headlines, right from our icon using Quick Actions
▪ OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access starting at just $9.99/month (first month FREE).
▪ EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to The Washington Post App on all your smartphones and tablets.
▪ PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
▪ AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $9.99 each month ($14.99 for premium subscriptions) unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
▪ TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
What's New in Version 1.15.0
The Washington Post now fully supports iPhone X.
- Support for iPhone X display
- Fixed a bug with dark mode rendering on iPhone
- Fixed a bug with displayed subscription details
WAPO is great; this app is not
**The original Washington Post Classic app with the black background is far superior.**
I love WAPO and constantly read their articles to stay up to date and informed.
After becoming a WAPO subscriber, I saw that this app was the "bonus" to subscribing that those w/o subscriptions didn't have access to. I mistook that bonus to mean this app would be better than the original, but I was wrong. I almost cancelled my subscription to WAPO for the NYT because the app was so disappointing and didn't seem to have the same quality content that the WAPO Facebook page put out ---> that high quality content can be found on the original WAPO app and although you don't need a subscription to use it, you should still subscribe to the WAPO to support good journalism!
Democracy dies in incompetence
Can’t login, and the “forgot password” reset email doesn’t go through to gmail after several tries. So, I’m going back to not subscribing and just getting the content for free by circumventing the paywall.
Pretty lame when you make an effort to pay money for a good product and that makes the experience worse. Democracy dies in incompetence.
Cancelling is a nightmare
Was not reading as much as I thought I would. No way to easily cancel in the app. Have to call and jump through a lot of hoops to get a person on the phone to cancel the subscription. Then, a month later, they charged me again, so now I have to call and deal with all that again.
I will NEVER re-subscribe.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 1.15.0
- Size: 88.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: The Washington Post Company
- © Washington Post, 2015-2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Apple News (monthly)$5.99
- Basic Digital$9.99
- The Washington Post$5.99
- Apple News WP (monthly)$5.99
- Apple News WaPo (monthly)$9.99
- Premium Digital$14.99