The Weather Channel App for iPad – best local forecast, radar map, and storm tracking
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy the best day possible with the most accurate forecast available. When you see the world through weather, It's Amazing Out There.
• Trusted forecasts help you plan your day, week, or even the next hour.
• Detailed weather conditions include “feels like” temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and pressure. (Access them by tapping the circle on your main screen).
• Incredibly fast and accurate maps offer past and future radar as well as customizable map layers.
• Push alerts & badges help alert you of severe weather in your area. To set your alerts, tap the magnifying glass to open your favorite locations. Then, tap the information icon next to your location of choice. From there, you can toggle on/off severe and pollen alerts.
• Severe weather mode - During a severe event, we’ll activate a severe ticker at the top of your App. If the event is a hurricane, you can click the alert to see our interactive hurricane tracker.
• Beautiful and easy-to-use. This app is closely aligned to the iOS 7 aesthetic, and our amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Weather news - From big storms to bizarre findings, stay up-to-date with the latest weather news, photos, and videos.
• Statewide flu levels and pollen forecasts.
• Travel destination weather (airplane icon) - Get everything you need to plan your next trip, such as average temperatures and precipitation, forecasts, the best time to visit, maps, and details to understand how the weather feels compared to your hometown.
Don’t forget to check us out at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news. Your WEATHER™ wherever, whenever, and however you want it.
We love when you take the time to provide us with your feedback. Please submit all questions and comments to http://feedback.weather.com.
SUPPORTS iOS 6.0 AND ABOVE
What's New in Version 4.3.1
• Bug fixes
The Gold Standard
I'm sure that there is not one app in existence that would please every user - but - I have used The Weather Channel app since it first became available many years ago. I believe this app to be the one by which all other weather apps are compared. It is "the gold standard" in my opinion. And this newest version is mind-blowing! From the stunning photography to the status of pollen, airports, ski conditions, etc., all available at the tip of your fingers!
And let's not forget about the current and future weather conditions available by the day - the hour - the week! And locations? Set your home location and then feel free to add every family member and friend so that you can keep a check on their weather as well!
How about rating all the good stuff about this app instead of criticizing the small stuff? Or - just try to find an app that is better than this one! Good luck with that.
Updated today for the first time in a very long. So far this one seems ok. Although it didn't keep my saved locations (on ipad, but the iphone actually did keep them) when I redid them it actually did show the zip codes, which was my biggest complaint last time I tried to upgrade. I had 3 different locations in the same city, and couldn't tell which was which. And yes, they are far enough apart that it does make a difference.
My only complaint so far with this version is the backgrounds are very generic and have nothing to do with my area. Mountains in Florida? No such thing. It would be nice to have something appropriate to where you are, or give you several to choose from. (Here again I see the iPhone is showing local pictures. Why not make both versions more alike?) And oh yeah, I hate the ads. If the app worked well I would certainly be willing to pay a small price to get rid of those.
I've reported these problems before and weather change isn't listening to anyone!
Someone is seriously sleeping on the job. I've requested through the weather channel website and now through here several times. Please fix your weather alerts and put back the options to receive which ones we desire, whether it's all, some or none. Also I would like to see the weather widget be able to use a manual selected location as well as a gps location. The weather channel has gone down hill over the last several years. I ended up installing the accuweather application, just so I know when watches, warnings and advisories are in my area. iTunes and the weather channel need to seriously wake up and get this application updated.