The Weather Channel App for iPad – best local forecast, radar map, and storm tracking
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy the best day possible with the most accurate forecast available. When you see the world through weather, It's Amazing Out There.
• Trusted forecasts help you plan your day, week, or even the next hour.
• Detailed weather conditions include “feels like” temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and pressure. (Access them by tapping the circle on your main screen).
• Incredibly fast and accurate maps offer past and future radar as well as customizable map layers.
• Push alerts & badges help alert you of severe weather in your area. To set your alerts, tap the magnifying glass to open your favorite locations. Then, tap the information icon next to your location of choice. From there, you can toggle on/off severe and pollen alerts.
• Severe weather mode - During a severe event, we’ll activate a severe ticker at the top of your App. If the event is a hurricane, you can click the alert to see our interactive hurricane tracker.
• Beautiful and easy-to-use. This app is closely aligned to the iOS 7 aesthetic, and our amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Weather news - From big storms to bizarre findings, stay up-to-date with the latest weather news, photos, and videos.
• Statewide flu levels and pollen forecasts.
• Travel destination weather (airplane icon) - Get everything you need to plan your next trip, such as average temperatures and precipitation, forecasts, the best time to visit, maps, and details to understand how the weather feels compared to your hometown.
Don’t forget to check us out at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news. Your WEATHER™ wherever, whenever, and however you want it.
We love when you take the time to provide us with your feedback. Please submit all questions and comments to http://feedback.weather.com.
SUPPORTS iOS 6.0 AND ABOVE
What's New in Version 4.4.2
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
The video for local weather is very inconsistent and often incorrect. Poorly done. I wish you would fix this or take it off all together. It does not represent your business well and is a poor representation of your ability to put out a good product. You used to do local weather very well and it was personal. I miss it. Help
I live in Wisconsin. I have the latest iPad and iPad mini and iPhone devices and have used you apps and software for at least 3 years. In the video section of weather you no longer air local Midwest 3 day weather. Many days the video specials aired are either weeks old or even from England giving Europes news. . Could you please fix this. evenbroadcast from England
The best way to get local forecasts around your area!
The Weather Channel app is a great alternative to watching local forecasts on the go aside from watching at home. Now, the only slight problem I noticed that it had was a weather forecast symbol or two would not show up on the forecast menu screen, whether I'm looking up past, present, and future forecasts. I'm hoping this little bug is discovered, and that it can be fixed. Overall, The Weather Channel is the way to go for checking up your local forecasts, at home, or on the go here, on the official app!
Very nice, GET IT!!!
I like this app, free, easy to use, and I find it very accurate. Nice to get an app that does what it claims to do. Others complain about update problems, or no audio, never have had those problems, and the radar lol rain Doppler is pixelated lol they're all like that genius, some people complain about stupid things. Yes there is an ad, but it doesn't block your view of the Doppler map. Anyway give it a try, if you don't like it tell the weather folks and then just delete it. I've had this app for almost a year now and love it.