Opening the iTunes Store.If iTunes doesn't open, click the iTunes application icon in your Dock or on your Windows desktop.Progress Indicator
Opening the iBooks Store.If iBooks doesn't open, click the iBooks app in your Dock.Progress Indicator

iTunes is the world's easiest way to organize and add to your digital media collection.

We are unable to find iTunes on your computer. To download the free app The Weather Channel: Forecast, Radar & Alerts by The Weather Channel Interactive, get iTunes now.

Already have iTunes? Click I Have iTunes to open it now.

I Have iTunes Free Download
iTunes for Mac + PC

The Weather Channel: Forecast, Radar & Alerts

By The Weather Channel Interactive

Open iTunes to buy and download apps.


The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this spring, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!

• Forecasts: Hourly, daily, weekly, weekend and 15-day forecasts.
• Cognitive Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.

• Need weather information to help plan for road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – this app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Catch the end of Ski season! Our Ski forecast shows nearby ski resort conditions including snow forecasts, number of open trails, snow base depth and more.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at

• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free

For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.

• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."

To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.

Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at, like us on, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.

We respect your privacy! Please check out our Privacy Policy, which can be found here: and our Terms of Use, which can be found here:

We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at with any suggestions or questions.

What's New in Version 8.11

• We’ve updated our cognitive home screen to provide even more information as soon as you launch the app. Prepare for upcoming changes in your local weather including rain start and end times, expected changes in temperature, hourly and weekend forecasts, and more.
• Improved allergy tracker shows high allergy risk alerts on the home screen, and links to daily pollen outlook so you can plan your outdoor activities.
• We heard your requests and added a “clear” button to remove recent city searches in the location manager.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.

As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!

Customer Reviews

Good app until latest update!

I'll post a 5-star review when you put the "Edit" button back in the location management section!!! The latest update to the iPhone app replaced "Edit" with "Reorder", so you can't delete a location. Seems to me location deletion is a pretty important function.

Update and note to the developer: You've updated the iPhone app's location management section to replace "Reorder" with "Clear". So now the only option is to clear ALL saved locations. Again -- you need to bring the "Edit" button back!!! Here's how I and many others use this app: We follow our own home location, along with our kids' (or parents' or friends', or our summer home) locations so we know what their day is like, along with an upcoming travel location which we will want to delete after the trip is over. But we won't want to delete our kids' (or summer home) location after the trip! Remember, the location management section is to help us manage the locations that show on the actual WEATHER part of the app! The iPad app has the "Edit" button, which allows individual deletion of locations and also allows reordering the list. Please bring that back to the iPhone -- it's the only system that makes sense!! Thanks.

Be KIND, Rewind!?!?!

I care about the accuracy first and foremost- hasn't been as reliable ever since y'all added the newest picture changes and changed the whole interface really. I miss the way it looked- why change a great thing? This latest change up made it look worse AND act worse! Please "Revert!?!?"
Now it takes longer to load up- too long- and freezes or needs more refresh tugs... and little bugs in it that cause it to act nutty when swiping to next location.... glitchy and much slower. Most importantly, less accurate than it used to be! I used to check it first thing in morn and throughout day- now I don't care to deal with it daily so I will check it a few times throughout week. I miss what I had for so long with this app! This app was on-point and fantastic- have had since 2012. But since late 2016 it's really gone downhill compared to what it was. I'm still gonna use it but I hope y'all fix the load speed and accuracy and Just get rid of "neat" but kinda useless additions if must. There used to be a better key for understanding options in the radar.

I am keeping the faith that it will be great again soon! Can't wait :)

Horrible and pathetic! Don't fall for the ratings!

I've used this app since 2010 and before that. back then forecasts were freakishly accurate and videos were cool. I don't even know what to say this app has become so pathetically inaccurate your better off licking your finger and testing the wind. Several times they have gone from 80% chance of rain to 20% chance then back to 80% again! Who's writing these forecasts?!! They need to be fired!! Several times it's rained when they said no rain or its been sunny when they said rain! Going to switch to another app after nearly 7 years of use! The videos are depressing, horrific, and sometimes disturbing there was one of a bald eagle attacking and killing a bunch of baby birds! Really that was one of them! I DONT WANT TO SEE THAT ON A WEATHER APP!!!!! The titles are misleading and often have nothing to do with the videos and are just to get you to click on an add! Do your self a favor don't use this app!
UPDATE: I'm now randomly warped to a random website every ( exploit) time I try to use it!!!
UPDATE: app continues to crash every single time I try to use it for more than 20 seconds. The app lags and freezes constantly but on the bright side the advertisements seem to load without issue!

The Weather Channel: Forecast, Radar & Alerts
View in iTunes
Offers iMessage App for iOS
Offers Apple Watch App for iPhone
  • Free
  • Category: Weather
  • Updated:
  • Version: 8.11
  • Size: 200 MB
  • Apple Watch: Yes
  • Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
  • Seller:

Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Apple TV: Yes

Customer Ratings

Current Version:
All Versions:

Top In-App Purchases

  1. Remove Ads$3.99

More iPhone Apps by The Weather Channel Interactive