Get your local forecast on your phone or iPad with The Weather Channel and prepare for each day with reports and maps.
Find all the weather information you need to plan daily life with confidence. The Weather Channel provides accurate weather forecast reports that can help you plan up to 15 days in advance - wherever you are!
The Weather Channel: Top 3 Features
1. Plan your day up to two weeks in advance with hourly & daily forecasts.
2. Get your current conditions at a glance with weather data that’s relevant where you are.
3. Stay safe with severe storm alerts and safety tips from the National Weather Service.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Planning an adventure? Check the forecast so you don’t get caught in the rain.
• Want to catch that romantic sunset or a enjoy a crisp walk in the park? Get detailed information on sunset times, cold and flu reports and much more.
• Run smart with GoRun! Find the best possible running conditions and plan your perfect route.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay safe during extreme weather events. From flash floods to storms, we’ll send you live alerts and expert safety advice, so you’ll always be prepared.
• Concerned about allergies? Get high-risk allergy alerts and medical advice to help you beat them!
Easily access all of the weather information you need.
• Quickly find all the weather data you care about in one place: your smart home screen!
• Get precise weather updates, severe weather alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Remove all ads from your weather app for a year with a $3.99 single payment in-app purchase.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Weather Channel is excited to bring you a fully reimagined app that allows you to see weather like never before. We are introducing a beautifully designed weather app that has been carefully crafted with you in mind.
• Your daily weather snapshot: Introducing daily personalized weather stories. A new visual way to see everything you need to know about your daily forecast.
• Siri Shortcuts: Siri can now help you check your forecast with nothing but the sound of your voice. Checking your forecast has never been easier!
• New home screen: See more weather information at a glance with new narratives, weather graphs and instant insights.
• Heads up: Know when there is an upcoming change in the weather, then subscribe to push notifications to stay informed. You don’t have to check with us, this is the weather app that checks in with you.
• New navigation bar: Get faster access to detailed weather information. Prefer the old navigation? You can still swipe down for more content.
• Optimized for iOS 12
Be a force of nature. Update The Weather Channel app now.
Ratings and Reviews
Focus on the weather
Stop focusing on all the videos, and adds, and the weather 15 days away, most of the time the information is inaccurate that day.
My phone comes with a free app, that is accurate and no ads, but I watch the weather channel at home and thought I'd give their app a try, I don't care for the ads everywhere, I don't like the videos that are click bait and normally have nothing to do with the weather, I don't like anything that distracts me from the reason I opened the app, which is getting my local weather, now I've done a little research, and the people that have built the weather channel app are following a model, they built an app, give it away for free and get paid to place ads in their app by companies looking to get customers, or you can pay to have the ads removed and they make a one time fee off of you, now either one is fine, but the issue I have with the free or paid version is the lack of accurate data, if they say there is a 20% chance of rain, and I go outside and it's raining, I'd say it's wrong. Fix you accuracy before you try and extract money from people by bullying them with ads and videos, at any rate I have tried other apps and found plenty out there that are accurate, and will no longer be using this app.
Update, so now in order to watch these click bait videos, that are not even provided by the weather channel, I have to watch the same 15 second ad every single time on every video, are you kidding.
Very Disappointed 😔
Only 10% of the people say ‘ Oh my god get this app it is great.” While the other 90% says that it is trash. I am one of those 90%. I can not believe that The Weather Channel can’t even forecast a 20 minute snow. Very dissapointed. Accuracy is never accurate and radar would take a long time to load. I think all of this is a big fat lie that it says that this is the most acurate app. Honestly the videos it gives are more social then more weather related. If you live near Washington D.C then you should get a accurate report of your weather. For example it gave 90% chance of heavy thunderstorms with heavy downpours and the next thing you know after 5 minutes slightly chance of rain shower. WOW. How can the storm move away that is about 1 mile away to reaching us and suddenly just miss us. I do not understand how people give 5 stars to this app and even 3 stars. Seorisly you should hire people that acctually work and keep check of the radar every 2 minutes ( because they said that the weather channel app radar refreshes every 2 minutes. I don’t think that this app will ever become great in the near future. Until you get better people in Atlanta, Georgia headquaters and you write a developers feedback to this review I am not having this app downloaded in my phone that takes a lot of battery and storage. Hopefully my review will actually make you responsible for this app and to take more care of it. Very disappointed.
I have never been so disappointed in people not listening in my life. There was something good about the ole weather channel info and the way it was presented for older adults like me. Every time I get used to something all you brainos out there change things and never think about having something simple for older adults. There was something simple, I knew what was going on and it was accurate. Yet you go out and change it to garbage. I changed from whatever we used to have to the the weather channel because of the accuracy and simplicity and now I have garbage. I think I will say goodbye to you and look for something else. I remember when my grandparents used to fuss about all the changes that people made and never considered the older adults. Now I am in their shoes and understand what they meant. Maybe think about Henry David Thoreau’s words “SIMPLIFY SIMPLIFY SIMPLIFY “. Those words are as true today as when he wrote them. Maybe some of you should think about them before you destroy something that was working. I also do not like all the personal info that everyone is looking for. Most of it you do not need and is really none of your business.
- The Weather Channel
- 164.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2018 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.