The Weather Channel App for iPad – best local forecast, radar map, and storm tracking
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy the best day possible with the most accurate forecast available. When you see the world through weather, It's Amazing Out There.
• Trusted forecasts help you plan your day, week, or even the next hour.
• Detailed weather conditions include “feels like” temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and pressure. (Access them by tapping the circle on your main screen).
• Incredibly fast and accurate maps offer past and future radar as well as customizable map layers.
• Push alerts & badges help alert you of severe weather in your area. To set your alerts, tap the magnifying glass to open your favorite locations. Then, tap the information icon next to your location of choice. From there, you can toggle on/off severe and pollen alerts.
• Severe weather mode - During a severe event, we’ll activate a severe ticker at the top of your App. If the event is a hurricane, you can click the alert to see our interactive hurricane tracker.
• Beautiful and easy-to-use. This app is closely aligned to the iOS 7 aesthetic, and our amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Weather news - From big storms to bizarre findings, stay up-to-date with the latest weather news, photos, and videos.
• Statewide flu levels and pollen forecasts.
• Travel destination weather (airplane icon) - Get everything you need to plan your next trip, such as average temperatures and precipitation, forecasts, the best time to visit, maps, and details to understand how the weather feels compared to your hometown.
Don’t forget to check us out at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news. Your WEATHER™ wherever, whenever, and however you want it.
We love when you take the time to provide us with your feedback. Please submit all questions and comments to http://feedback.weather.com.
SUPPORTS iOS 6.0 AND ABOVE
What's New in Version 4.4
Performance: Enjoy the experience. We’ve improved the overall performance including faster start up times.
Maps: Track the weather like never before in our new maps experience with high-resolution radar and higher definition images.
User Profile: Take your account details with you across all of your devices.
Images: More background images to go with all your favorite locations. It’s Amazing Out There.
The Weather Channel app!
This app is indispensable in my daily planning. I use it sometimes hourly or more. I use it for planning, just watching the progress of storms or catching up on the most recent weather related news. I appreciate the safety messages and apply them. So as to get the most out of it I keep it up to date as soon as I observe an update. Thanks.
What more can I say than was said above. I wear the iPad out looking up the weather. The new background reminds me. Of what it must be like in London for the Olympics. It certainly is dreary. If the sun comes out in London, will the sun come out over Burberry?
I prefer the previous background, because it coincided with the out side weather around me, but change is good and the app gives me the weather information that I frequently need.
I really enjoy the weather channel app. I use it every morning and frequently throughout the day. thank you for the variety of video's and frequent updates. Ditto to what I said above. It is my most frequently used app beside the calendar. Thanks.
App Is Much Improved
I have always used this app every day, but it used to be much more unstable and slow. In the last release or so, though, it has improved enough that I'm going to give it 4 stars now.
It loads almost instantly. Also, I no longer seem to be getting the problem where it just hangs with everything blank. (With that one, the only solution was to go away for awhile, then come back--but no longer!)
The only problem remaining is that occasionally when I look at my other sites (towns where we travel frequently), I still get the "blank" problem when displaying all of them at once. If not for that, I'd give it five stars.
Favorite weather app, but....
This is definitely a five star app....best weather app I've used. However, it has been glitchy the last few months....freezes up, or won't load my home town weather info. That said, I still choose this app over any other. It is well designed, info is easily and intuitively accessible. The hourly forecast is indispensable. The radar loads quickly and offers several useful options. Every other app has some issue that becomes a rock in your shoe type of a problem with an app used up to several times per day. I am a road cyclist and mountain biker, so weather info is important, and this is my go to app.