The Weather Channel for iPad
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now supports iOS7 and iOS6.
The Weather Channel for iPad combines interactive and beautiful imagery with our WEATHER(TM) expertise. With over 200 meteorologists and our ultra-local TruPoint(sm) forecasting technology, The Weather Channel helps you plan the best day possible for any season.
• Trusted forecasts help you plan your day, week, or even the next 15 minutes with the most accurate forecast available.
• Maps offer past and future radar, as well as customizable map layers (radar, clouds, temperature, rain, and snow, among others).
• Severe WEATHER(TM) page has everything you need to track and prepare for a storm, including an interactive hurricane tracker map, safety tips, National Weather Service (NWS) alerts, and breaking news video (when available)
• Severe WEATHER(TM) push alerts & badges
• Detailed WEATHER(TM) conditions give you the temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, cloud cover, precipitation, wind speed, and humidity.
• Beautiful HD WEATHER(TM) backgrounds
• Travel destination WEATHER(TM) - See average temperatures, average precipitation, forecasts, and more
• Latest news coverage, gorgeous user photos, and videos— everything from your local forecast to climate change.
• Statewide Flu levels and Pollen forecasts for the U.S.
Don’t forget to check us out at weather.com and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news.
We love when you take the time to provide us with your feedback. Please submit all questions and comments to http://feedback.weather.com
What's New in Version 3.10.0
New full color weather backgrounds!
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Worse Than Prior Version
Besides now having much worse predictions (can't even predict a day ahead), in the prior version you could have a list of favorite cities to view their weather, and if you just wanted a one-off check of a city not on the list, fine, but it didn't change your list unless you eliminated a city and substituted the new one. Logical, right? Well, the same brains that now can't predict the weather decided that every time you just want to check a city once, its added to your list whether you want to or not, and one of those you wanted to keep disappears; therefore, you have to delete the one off-city, then find the eliminated city and put it back on your list. Brilliant! Then to add insult to injury, The Weather Channel eliminated my city of Peachtree Corners, GA (largest city in a Metro Atlanta county). The other apps have my city, but The Weather Channel (that is based in Atlanta) deleted it! Generally, the new version is worse than the old one. Why not leave well enough alone? After checking reviews of other apps I'm now using a better app with better predictions and list service (and has my city to boot) and deleting The Weather Channel app.
Use this app every day. I suppose we are weather junkies. Weather on demand helps us plan our activities. We live on the Gulf Coast and appreciate being able to follow the storms that march across our area. A pleasant surprise has been that the app has served us in Ireland on a three week vacation. The occasional reset of the app happens but it is not too often. Elf
Thanks for the redo of the large place marker on the app. Push pins are easier to ignore and view the map. Still our #1 source for planning the day and activities. Radar maps are awesome. Elf
I like the layout and usefulness of this app but I absolutely hate the active advertising that runs along the bottom. The ads do everything possible to be annoying, using flashing lights, for example--and they are irrelevant for me. Can I pay a modest amount to have clean information to read? With the sub-freezing temperatures, sub-zero wind chills, and the blowing snow this winter, I have checked the app often to know about changing conditions when I have to travel during the day. Please give me a way of opting out of the stupid ads!