The Weather Channel App for iPad – best local forecast, radar map, and storm tracking
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make confident decisions based on the most accurate, precise forecast available. Favorite app features:
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly and 10-day forecasts.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” weather, humidity, wind speed, and more. (Access them by tapping the circle on your main screen).
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar.
• Push alerts & badges: Know about severe weather in your area. To set your alerts, tap the magnifying glass to open your favorite locations. Then, tap the information icon next to your location of choice. From there, you can activate your severe and pollen alerts.
DEEP DIVE INTO YOUR WEATHER
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Severe weather mode: During a severe event, we’ll activate a severe ticker at the top of your App.
• Seasonal Tools: Use our pollen counts to help plan your outdoor activities.
• Travel destination weather (airplane icon): Get everything you need to plan your next trip, such as average temperatures and precipitation, forecasts, the best time to visit, maps, and details to understand how the weather feels compared to your hometown.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 4.5.1
- Back by popular demand: pollen counts!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you love our app, please let us know by rating us in the App Store.
Stick with It!!
I have had this app since 2011 and, while it has been buggy at times, it delivers solid weather information every single day. The bugs over time have always been incidental in my mind, but never hampered me getting the weather info that I needed. I too am experiencing the bugs others are, but I just continue to scroll to my location and get the weather. I urge current users to report the problems they are having so they hopefully can get resolved faster. And for those looking at getting the app, it seriously is the best weather app out there. It does what you need it to, every day, all day.
Love having the weather at my fingertips
Not so many problems as earlier comments. Hardly any. I just love having the weather without turning on the television. Love it!
Problems. Problems. The screens will blackout on my iPad and I gave to renter the app. Or, the screen stays frozen. Yes, I upgrade.
Yes, even with computers, forecasting the weather is a guessing game. I laugh when it is 100% chance, and nary a drop falls. Love the news portion because I can see what is happening in the U.S. as well as around the world.
Update still causing problems!
After the current update, the red dot alert won't disappear. Multiple updates and the app. still bombs out. I went to weatherunderground and found the site informative and reliable. It has an excellent health section that tells you pollen levels for trees, weeds, & shrubs. It lets you know about wind chill and heat index, flu index, UV index, air quality, etc. The weather forecasts and radar maps are great. That is my new source for weather. I'm tired of the weather channel not making pertinent updates in a timely manner, and not solving app. issues that have been ongoing for months on end.