The Weather Channel® Max
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want the best WEATHER™ app, without the ads? With over 200 meteorologists and our ultra-local TruPoint(sm) forecasting technology, The Weather Channel® MAX helps you plan the best day possible in an ad free environment.
Our Favorite Features:
- Expect Rain tab on your Now screen
- Customizable radar maps (past & FUTURE radar)
- Detailed WEATHER™ conditions and 15-minute forecasts
- Severe WEATHER™ push alerts & badges
- Swipe between your favorite locations
- Choose from our beautiful, dynamic WEATHER™ backgrounds OR upload your own photos (under settings)
- Refresh icon
- Search icon
- “Find Me Now” helps you get the WEATHER™ for your TruPoint(sm) location (found next to the search box)
- Settings icon
We love when you take the time to provide us with your feedback. Please submit all questions and comments to http://feedback.weather.com
SUPPORTS iOS 6.0 AND ABOVE
What's New in Version 5.3.1
- USER INTERFACE UPDATE with cleaner design for faster navigation to your live radar and maps, the latest videos, and local pollen levels
- EXPECT RAIN tab on your Now screen. If snow, rain or thunderstorms start or change in the next 6 hours the EXPECT RAIN tab appears to let you know
- New video player with enhanced viewing experience
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Improved severe WEATHER™ alerts
Needs some touch up
When the radar animation moves at inconsistent increments of of time, it's difficult to tell what what a storm is going to do. The "future" option is too blurry to use, and I trust my own guess by looking at the "past" option more. Should be at every 5 or 10 minutes. One other problem, also with the radar feature is that the pin at a particular location is green. Whenever a decent storm is going through a preset location, the majority of the storm shows up green on radar. I've experienced the inability to see the pin because the rain is the same color. The last issue I have is that when looking at the hourly forecast, the information is incomplete for each hour. Everything ends with ..., and there isn't a way to get the details without using another weather app. I work outside most of the time, so I really need an accurate weather app that gives complete information.
Used to be reliable...
This app used to be one if my most used apps, I've used it for years. But today, it will no longer even come up. I must have worn it out yesterday. Lots of rain on a vacation weekend, trying to find a clear spot.
I drive a convertible and drive top down at every opportunity. I used the app mostly to see the trends because I have learned, through the many years of using this app, that it is not current.
For example, I also like to track nasty storms and have found in almost every case that the really fast moving fronts and tornado threatening storms have usually passed over me before the radar shows it getting close to my location.
Okay, I've learned that this is just the limitation of this sort if tool and have to live with it, but today it quit working. Tried everything, it will not come back. Bad update, I guess. Forced me to look for another app. Found a better one. Feels like I'm betraying an old friend, but frankly, I'm not the one who walked out.
So much has been said in previous comments, so not sure where I should begin. Why is the FREE version of this app updated on a regular basis while this piece of garbage of an app has been thrown to the side? You IGNORE your paid customers. You must love your ads and sponsors, how much do they pay you guys so they can be placed in your so called, "weather" app? This is unacceptable that the FREE app not only looks better, it has more features than the paid app. I know you guys don't read these reviews, and if you do, you ignore us and most likely are having a good chuckle in the process. Drop dead, I want a refund!!!
NBCUniversial, Blackstone Group, and Bain Capital can all go rot. Greedy, slimy corporate money-grubbers. Your free app gets all the attention because of how much money you can line your pockets with its ads. Is this how you treat paid customers? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Plus, Al Roker blows!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 24, 2013
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 18.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2013, The Weather Channel Interactive, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.