The Weather Channel: Forecast
By The Weather Channel Interactive
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this fall, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Learn what the forecast is, whether hourly, daily, weekly, weekend or 15-day.
• Cognitive Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Hurricane Central: Monitor tropical storms and hurricanes and get safety and preparedness tips. When a tropical storm or hurricane forms, track it and stay safe with Hurricane Central.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – the app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Get high-risk allergy alerts directly from the home screen, links to allergy insights, and a daily pollen outlook with our improved allergy tracker.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at email@example.com.
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 9.3.1
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
It’s okay, needs improvement.
It doesn’t need much improvement. This is by far the most accurate weather app I've ever used. But I wish there was more customization.
I don’t need to see weather channel videos, and I wish my 5 day forecast were closer to the top of the page. I wish we could customize the app icon (as a lot of apps are now enabling).
I give ya’ll three stars not because of my above requests, but because when I click on “give feedback” or whatever it takes me to a FAQ page on your website and doesn’t let me contact anyone...click on the support page and the same thing happens. You guys have the number one weather app, so I guess you don’t see much room for improvement. But some little changes like the above couldn’t hurt methinks.
Your app is just okay. Trying to add destinations is just exhausting, because you can't find said destination when I'm looking at it on the map. Whilst in said map, to change the settings, from radar to radar with clouds takes multiple tries. Also, when your app first loads, before scrolling down. There is a video of some event. Just below your current temp. You just can't click on, quite frustrating. I'm glad of the improvements you have made. As in, I'm glad I can see the temp of the world. To make it even better. Give me air surface temps of the ocean, temp of the ocean. Show me the jet stream on the radar, trade winds, forming systems, and low/high pressure systems. All I'm asking is for more insight into weather. Also, tell me what kind of clouds are above where I'm currently at. Just my thought on how to improve. Thanks.
Bring back old old version!!!
This app used to be my favorite weather app. But.....then it was upgraded and I thought my phone or my fingers were defective when the swiping between favorite locations became unresponsive and painfully slow. I stuck with it because I still liked the product. But....then it was upgraded again and now when you swipe from your current location you get the set favorites page and you have to choose location you want to see next. Very awkward. I like to swipe through the cities that I frequently travel to and the locations where my kids go to college. I’m currently trying out other weather apps and will be switching soon.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 14, 2017
- Version: 9.3.1
- Size: 145 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2017, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99