The Weather Channel: Alerts, Forecast & Maps
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Weather Channel App for iPhone is your best option for accurate forecasts and timely local weather alerts. Make confident decisions this fall, whether you are planning for the day, the entire week or the next 15 days!
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Forecasts: Hourly, daily, weekly, weekend and 15-day forecasts.
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future doppler radar.
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with real-time National Weather Service notifications of severe weather including severe weather warnings about lightning, hail, flooding and severe storms.
PLAN YOUR OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES WITH CONFIDENCE
• Need weather information to help plan for fall road trips, picnics, camping or hiking? – this app lets you track and read detailed weather information in multiple locations around the world.
• Dress, pack and plan appropriately – know the rain and wind forecasts, tides, sunrise and sunset times, phases of the moon and even pollen counts!
• Ski season is upon us! Our Ski forecast shows nearby ski resort conditions including snow forecasts, number of open trails, snow base depth and more.
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at email@example.com.
FREE DETAILED WEATHER PROGRAMMING & FEATURES 24/7
• Watch our morning show “The Lift”: a 6-minute weather show that airs first on your app. Join Domenica Davis as she covers breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips first thing in the morning. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m. Great for people on the go!
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free
For those of you who want an ad-free version of our weather app, it is here! Our iOS app includes a $3.99 in-app purchase to remove all ads for 1 year. Simply go to the Settings menu in the app to complete the purchase.
WEATHER ALERT APPLE WATCH INTEGRATION
• Get precise weather updates, rain and lightning alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
• Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
To activate the new The Weather Channel watch face complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Forgot your phone? Access many of the top app features on the web, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
What's New in Version 8.4
• My Weather lets you track current conditions, notifications and alerts for multiple locations. Tap the bell icon on the home screen to try it out.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
I love The Weather Channel!! I use it on a daily basis. It's easier to use than any other weather app I have tried, and always seems to be pretty accurate.
As for the review left by soule2squeeze on 11/24 where he/she says it cost them $90 in cellular data charges: That would be your fault for not checking the settings in your phone. On iPhone, if you go to Settings and scroll down, you will see each app that is downloaded on your phone. You have to click on each one and configure the settings for each app individually. For "Location Services" you are given the options of "Never", "While Using" and "Always". If you choose Always, it will always run in the background. Some apps only give you the options of Never and Always. Pick Never and then when you want to use it, turn it on. But don't forget to turn it back off when you're done using it.
When you download a new app onto your phone, it will always ask if you want the location services turned on. I always tell it "no", so I can go set my own settings.
Cost me $90 in cellular data overages on iPhone 7 Plus! Do not use!!
I used the Weather Channel app on my iPhone 5S without issue, aside from the annoying advertisements. Upon upgrading my phone to the iPhone 7 Plus I immediately started receiving cellular data overages from Verizon so I upgraded my data plan from 6GB to 8GB. Within minutes of doing this I received overage emails that my data quota was exhausted. After spending time going through my cellular data usage on the phone, I noticed the Weather Channel app had an abnormally high usage. I then reset the statistics and monitored it for a few days. Within 2 days the Weather Channel app used 2.3GB of my cellular data plan and cost me $90 in overages alone, not to mention the monthly increase fee for upgrading my data plan. I would highly recommend you do not use this app and download AccuWeather instead. I’m very frustrated with this situation as I have a brand new phone I can only use on WiFi right now because of the Weather Channel app!!!! I would like to be reimbursed for the overage fees the use of this appresulted in. Absolutely abhorrent!
CRASH CRASH LAG CRASH!
I've used this app since 2010 and before that. back then forecasts were freakishly accurate and videos were cool. I don't even know what to say this app has become so pathetically inaccurate your better off licking your finger and testing the wind. Several times they have gone from 80% chance of rain to 20% chance then back to 80% again! Who's writing these forecasts?!! They need to be fired!! Several times it's rained when they said no rain or its been sunny when they said rain! Going to switch to another app after nearly 7 years of use! The videos are depressing, horrific, and sometimes disturbing there was one of a bald eagle attacking and killing a bunch of baby birds! Really that was one of them! I DONT WANT TO SEE THAT ON A WEATHER APP!!!!! The titles are misleading and often have nothing to do with the videos and are just to get you to click on an add! Do your self a favor don't use this app!
UPDATE: I'm now randomly warped to a random website every ( exploit) time I try to use it!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 23, 2016
- Version: 8.4
- Size: 201 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99