The Weather Channel - local forecasts, radar maps, storm tracking, and rain alerts - weather.com
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make confident decisions based on the most accurate, precise forecast available. Favorite app features:
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Forecasts: Hourly, 15-day and weekend forecasts.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” weather, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar.
PRECISE PUSH ALERTS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service notifications of severe weather.
• Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning strikes near you.
• Rain and Snow Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with these real-time alerts for your precise GPS location.
It’s easy and free! Unlock these alerts by going to your in-app settings and selecting sign-up.
DEEP DIVE INTO YOUR WEATHER
• Morning Show: Watch “The Lift,” a 6-minute show that’s exclusive to your app. Join Al Roker, Domenica Davis, and Ari Sarsalari as they cover breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m.
• Social Weather: Take pictures and share the amazing weather you experience, plus report it directly to us. Your reports help others track approaching weather.
• Seasonal Tools: Use our pollen counts to help plan your outdoor activities.
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Hurricane Central: Track tropical storms and hurricanes, get the latest breaking news and public advisories, read safety tips, and more!
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Apple “Quick Actions:” On 3D touch supported devices (iPhone 6s and iPhone6+), press deeply on The Weather Channel App icon from your home screen, and you’ll see a fun surprise!
mPLUS: Like earning free stuff? Us too! That's why we integrated mPLUS. To activate your account and start earning cool prizes, click the gift box icon at the top of our App. If you’re not interested, you can disable this feature in the app menu.
Many of your favorite features are also available on Apple Watch, including our precise rain and lightning alerts.
Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
Watch Complications: To activate the new watch face Complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
We love that our sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free but, for those of you who want an ad-free version, it is here! For a $3.99 in-app purchase, you get 1 year of The Weather Channel app without ads. Go to your settings menu to purchase.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
What's New in Version 7.6
• Bug fixes in this release will address the top three reasons our app crashes. If you're still seeing crashes after this update, please let us know at email@example.com.
• Did you know that hurricane season is from June 1st - Nov. 30th, when 97% of Atlantic tropical cyclone activity occurs? As the 2016 season kicks off, we’ll turn on Hurricane Central so you can stay informed of all tropical activities.
If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store! As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions.
Bring back Weather Channel MAX!!
I have a paid subscription to the Weather Channel MAX app, which was recently retired and as per their email I am receiving "a year of ad-free service" to the standard app. That's a great idea if you must retire an app...but this time next year I'll be having to pay for it. Enough of my complaint over the loss of MAX...
This standard version of the app is AWFUL. I cannot simply open and see not only the current weather, a thumbnail of the radar, and my 10 day forecast - oh no - you must scroll, and scroll, and scroll to see any one of those items. This may not sound like a big deal...but...we humans have become quite lazy in the "iPhone age"...when you have spent the past many years with a simple app which shows all features on one screen, you don't want to scroll through several screens to see the last page.
Also, highly inaccurate. It says it is storming at my house. It has said this since last night, and claims it will continue to do so until tomorrow. It has been blue skies and sunny all day.
Great app ... but 2 Problems
Great app, but please fix 2 problems. First, sometimes there is almost no contrast between background sky image and foreground today's weather text, making it impossible to read. For example "Cloudy 70 degrees" sky background image is light gray and white, foreground text is also white, impossible to read, no contrast. Second, today's brief weather forecast on main screen (with background sky) doesn't always match today's weather forecast on detailed Daily screen. Main screen says "Thunderstorms possible" today and detailed Daily screen says only "Cloudy skies" for today but no mention of thunderstorms. Please sync those 2 forecast screens for today's weather. Thanks, Weather Channel!
Pretty is better than Ease of Use
Hope you open weather apps to see pretty background pictures, because that's about all you get with this. I was recently forced out of the now discontinued Weather Channel Max app, a paid app, being told that I'd get one year ad free in the standard app. A forced move which will result in a forced purchase in order to remove ads next year. On top of that none of the info I use a weather app for is available when I open the app. Oh but fear not all who love pretty pictures and scrolling, this app is for you! Want to know the heat index or wind chill? Start scrolling. What about the forecast? Scroll on! What about this afternoon's rain chances? Start scrolling again! And good luck finding the radar. NOTHING is easy to find, easily accessible, or intuitive about this app. Avoid it until they make is useful again.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: May 23, 2016
- Version: 7.6
- Size: 86.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99