The Weather Channel - local forecasts, radar maps, storm tracking, and rain alerts - weather.com
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make confident decisions based on the most accurate, precise forecast available. Favorite app features:
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Forecasts: Hourly, 15-day and weekend forecasts.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” weather, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar.
PRECISE PUSH ALERTS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service notifications of severe weather.
• Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning strikes near you.
• Rain and Snow Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with these real-time alerts for your precise GPS location.
It’s easy and free! Unlock these alerts by going to your in-app settings and selecting sign-up.
DEEP DIVE INTO YOUR WEATHER
• Morning Show: Watch “The Lift,” a 6-minute show that’s exclusive to your app. Join Al Roker, Domenica Davis, and Ari Sarsalari as they cover breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m.
• Social Weather: Take pictures and share the amazing weather you experience, plus report it directly to us. Your reports help others track approaching weather.
• Seasonal Tools: Use our pollen counts to help plan your outdoor activities.
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Hurricane Central: Track tropical storms and hurricanes, get the latest breaking news and public advisories, read safety tips, and more!
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Apple “Quick Actions:” On 3D touch supported devices (iPhone 6s and iPhone6+), press deeply on The Weather Channel App icon from your home screen, and you’ll see a fun surprise!
mPLUS: Like earning free stuff? Us too! That's why we integrated mPLUS. To activate your account and start earning cool prizes, click the gift box icon at the top of our App. If you’re not interested, you can disable this feature in the app menu.
Many of your favorite features are also available on Apple Watch, including our precise rain and lightning alerts.
Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
Watch Complications: To activate the new watch face Complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
We love that our sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free but, for those of you who want an ad-free version, it is here! For a $3.99 in-app purchase, you get 1 year of The Weather Channel app without ads. Go to your settings menu to purchase.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love when you provide us with feedback. If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
What's New in Version 7.4
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
Room for improvement
I use this app very frequently and I like it, but there are some things that could make it better. I get that the 15 day forecast is hard to predict, but I feel like the current day probably isn't as hard. Maybe looking at the current radar would help. It can be frustrating when it's currently raining, but the app says that it's just cloudy. Last week, "people around me" were reporting snow. I live in Texas, and it's April. The temp at the time was in the 70s. I like the allergy forecast, but I don't feel like it's ever accurate. I have pretty bad allergies, and usually on my worst days the allergies report as low and when I'm not having problems it usually says that allergies are high. I liked it better when it separated the allergens. I read through several of the reviews and one really great idea that I saw was to put the date on The Lift videos. Oh, and every time there's a severe weather alert I get 2 notifications. I do like that you can check the weather anywhere, this helps a lot to know what to pack when I travel. All in all, I like the app and will continue to use it, but a lot of the suggestions that I read would really help to make it better. Oh, one last thing. Is there any way that the radar could show up outside of the US? I traveled to Jamaica last year and the radar wouldn't go that far. I'm definitely not complaining, just some constructive criticism. Thanks for this opportunity to help.
I have been a longtime user of the Weather Channel app, dating back to my blackberry. I hated the ads & paid to upgrade to MAX almost immediately when I got my iPhone years ago. I have stuck with the app despite the addition of videos that played almost immediately, sucking up my video minutes on my plan. I liked the alerts it provided, since I live in a rural area plagued by severe weather & tornadoes. I liked to see the weekly forecast & that I could add places to my favorites, particularly if I was traveling there. My weather alerts went off when we were in the park at Universal Orlando a year ago. This morning I'm traveling into the city & opened the app to check the forecast, only to discover that my PAID app is no longer supported but I can keep the lesser free app, with the first year ad free. Never mind that I have been ad free for YEARS now. So I'm looking for a new weather app now that will provide the alerts I need combined with the locations that I need.
Update: So, after weather app shopping, I still haven't been able to replace Weather Channel MAX. So, I did the upgrade to the basic "ad free" that was promised me as a MAX buyer. HA!!! It's the same basic piece of junk & still has ads. So much for promises to a loyal user.
I HATE YOU, WEATHER CHANNEL. Still shopping for your replacement.
Overall good but some frustrations
Overall I like the app however there are a few things that are frustrating. No matter where I'm at when I open the app it gives you the weather in your current location. I think a swipe to the right/left to obtain the current weather in your area would be good. When I open the app I am usually looking for the weather in my area where my house is. The swipe mechanism is always delayed and messes up and there is always 2 for my location...current and home location. The current weather is usually by current. It'll be raining and yet it says partly sunny. The allergy rating is confusing to me. I'm not sure how they get these reports and how they seem to change throughout the day. The 15 day forecast is useless. They can't get the weather right for the current day. Stick to the 7-10 day outlook. It was always much more accurate. When you zoom in on the radar it is really delayed and doesn't show the weather moving until the end of the time lapse. Just some annoying issues with it. But I deal with it. It gives me the current temperature and Thad really all I care about.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 07, 2016
- Version: 7.4
- Size: 96.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99