The Week Magazine US
By The Week Publications, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Week makes sense of the week's news by curating the best of the U.S. and international media into a succinct, lively digest. Download the app today to enjoy a 14 day FREE trial.
Created for busy people like you, The Week is packed with provocative, often surprising perspectives, providing you complete understanding and insight into the week's most vital stories. Intuitive and easy to navigate, this app has been designed to suit the way you'll read on your iPad or iPhone.
But don't take our word for it: download the app today, and see why over half a million readers rely on The Week to understand all they need to know about everything that matters.
Thank you for enjoying The Week on iPad and iPhone.
- Fully optimized for your iPad and iPhone – including iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- New issues are available every Friday and will appear automatically in your Newsstand
- Stay up-to-date with our free Daily Briefing, including 10 things you need to know today
- Save your favorite articles to the new Saved Articles section
- Downloaded issues are available both online and offline
- Small file size, downloads in minutes on the average broadband connection
- Night mode which makes reading easier on the eyes
- Easily share articles with friends or family via email, Facebook or Twitter
- Interactive crossword now available on iPad version each week
- Progressive downloading
You will have the following options for reading The Week:
Get The Week every week! Single issues and subscriptions are available.
- 12-month subscription (51 issues) - $49.99*
- 6-month subscription (25 issues) - $29.99*
- $4.99 a month*
- Single issue - $3.99
*Note: Monthly subscription will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew each month unless the auto-renew in your account settings is turned off 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. You can manage your subscription preference in your account settings after purchase. For App Store subscription purchases, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Feedback is always welcome. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or suggestions.
What's New in Version 4.4.1
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Fantastic content but glitchy
The Week has been my favorite newsmagazine for years. The content is top-notch--concise and informative.
The iPad app takes great advantage of the platform. When so many other magazines take the easy way out and just replicate their print pages in an app, it's great to see a publisher take the time to re-layout stories to make best use of the iPad's features. The font size is adjustable, which is a boon for old eyes.
The current version of the app has a full range of share buttons, including Evernote, but saving a story to Evernote is unintuitive. If you use the share button, it will save only the headline and nothing else. To save the actual content of the article, you have to Select All and then choose “Share” from the pop-up menu. Even then, you get only the text and not the photos.
The app crashes a lot on iPad 2, which may be more the fault of the hardware than the app. Apart from useful Evernote integration, the feature I need most is some kind of bookmarking. If you leave off partway through an issue, the app does not keep your place and there’s no way to mark it. When you re-launch the app the next day, it sends you to the All Issues page. So you’d better remember where you left off, because the app won’t do it for you.
Surprisingly great magazine app
Having tried other magazine apps, this one is very impressive. The layout of the articles is very pleasing and the lack of advertisements is a MASSIVE plus.
However, It is a bit too easy to scroll left and right between pages. For example, sometimes when I am trying to scroll down to read an article, the page will scroll left or right instead, moving to a different article. It would be great if there were more "stickiness" while scrolling down on the current article to prevent the article from changing. I'm hoping that this makes sense and is something that could potentially be addressed to make the usability even better.
Good but could be even better...
The freezing nature of past versions have been fixed (thankfully) but the most annoying thing at the moment is the lack of ability to bookmark where you are in an issue when you leave the app while reading an issue. It is annoying to have to start from scratch each time you read and have to remember where you are. The app used to have this feature so it must of been removed an update or two ago. Please bring this back!!! Thanks.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 27, 2017
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 60.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Week Publications Inc.
- © 2016 THE WEEK Publications, Inc. All rights reserved. THE WEEK® is a registered trademark owned by Felix Dennis. THEWEEK.COM is a trademark owned by Felix Dennis.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Week Magazine US Subscription$4.99
- The Week Magazine US Subscription$49.99
- The Week Magazine US Subscription$29.99
- The Week Single Issue 570$3.99
- The Week Single Issue 575$3.99
- The Week Single Issue 580$3.99
- The Week Single Issue 571$3.99
- The Week Single Issue 578$3.99
- The Week Single Issue 577$3.99
- The Week Single Issue 579$3.99