This is the old app for existing subscribers, new users should download the new app instead, which can be found here: itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-store/id993151052?mt=8
Subscription to the weekly prog:
1 month at $9.99 (includes 1 month of free back issues*)
3 months at $27.99 (includes 2 months of free back issues*)
12 months at $99.99 (includes 3 months of free back issues*)
* free back issues promotional offer is for new subscribers only
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. This option to manage your subscription can also be found in the app.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Ratings and Reviews
This app is horrible. I wanted to read the FULL comic Dredd because I saw the trailer at a movie,but instead this app lead me on. This was my first time ever reading a comic (I'm a girl and never thought I would ever read one of these things ^.^) and the experience wasn't the best. I think I'll stick to manga for now on, at least they let you read the full series without making you pay for it. For anyone who wants to read the comic Dredd, forget about it. It's hard to find any scans online, and the actual site makes you pay for it. Jump manga actually allows sites such as Mangafox an Mangareader to actually publish the scans online FOR FREE. It actually helps business. I read the series D.Gray-man on Mangareader and liked it so much I went out and bought all the books. (there are 23 volumes and they cost at least $10 each, that's $230!) So in conclusion, if you bought this app to read the comic Dredd, delete it immediately. Your better off reading some other comic or -better yet- switch to manga! You don't have to pay for the books if you read the scans online and comics are the American version of Japanese manga that has been around for centuries.
Great comic, but app is work in progress
The app provides any easy way to get your favorite comics onto your device. Works great with the subscription, letting you know instantly when a new prog is available. Although there have been a few teething issues with the app, once you let them know of an issue, they're very quick to respond. It would be nice if it remembered where you left off in the app, but I'm thinking that will be coming soon. It doesn't matter where you've purchased your comics: App Store, Google, rebellion web site, all your purchases are available everywhere, DRM free! This is the way all content providers should be. Download the app and start your subscription...you won't be disappointed!
Great comic, frustrating app
2000AD should be considered a national treasure. As a comic it has always brought incredible talent, and in a world or sequels and reboots and rehashes it has delivered constant innovation. I remember buying the first issue. In fact I bought the first issue of Starlord that merged into 2000AD. So I am a fan. Living abroad I was delighted to be able to subscribe electronically. So on content this rates six stars.
Shame the app rates somewhere left of one star. It functions. You can read the comic. You can zoom in. But that is the bare minimum. Every time you open it, it goes to the main menu. And it forgets how many issues there are available. So it spins network cycles as it goes and checks. Assuming it remembers you are an actual subscriber.
If I could have one wish fulfilled though it would simply be to have it open to the last page I was reading. The Kindle app does that, why is it so hard? I know I could bookmark it, but pretty much any app I open will take me to where I was the last time I was in that app. It's like a basic human right isn't it?
The comic is worth even this, so if you are reading this to decide if to get it, go ahead and get it. But be prepared.
- Rebellion Publishing Limited Apps
- 51.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012 Rebellion 2000 AD
- In-App Purchases
- 2000 AD Subscription $9.99
- 2000 AD Subscription $27.99
- 2000 AD Subscription $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.