The Weekly Standard
By Weekly Standard LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Weekly Standard iOS Edition for iPad and iPhone offers news and analysis of American politics and foreign policy along with book reviews and essays on popular culture. Founding editors William Kristol and Fred Barnes lead an all-star roster of the best conservative minds including Stephen Hayes, Andrew Ferguson, Jay Cost and many more. The Weekly Standard made its debut on September 18, 1995, and is published 48 times a year by Clarity Media Group. Those are the basic facts. We invite you to look inside our iOS Edition to see what it's all about.
Your first issue of The Weekly Standard iOS Edition is FREE. Future issues may be purchased individually or by subscription through iTunes.
Buy a single issue today or subscribe monthly for $5.99 or yearly for $64.99.
Weekly Standard Premium Digital Subscribers receive all issues free by logging-in to the iOS Edition app after installation to your device. Print subscribers can upgrade their subscription to include Premium Digital Access or subscribe to our iOS Edition via iTunes.
More about subscriptions:
• Subscriptions are 1 month for $5.99 or 1 year for $64.99, automatically renewed until canceled
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
What's New in Version 1.1.2
* Fixes a bug that could cause the app to display the wrong description for an issue.
* Other bug fixes and performance improvements
The Weekly Standard App does not work
After subscribing to the app from iPad, I was able to access the magazine. After some update to IOS, I am unable to access any of the issues. After Several emails, and voice contacts, the Weekly Standard customer support and webmaster have been unable to solve the problem. They seem to have no clue about the app.
If I had to do it over again, I subscribe through the Weekly Standard web site rather than through iTunes.
App isn't on par with other magazines
Love the magazine but the app needs a lot of work. I want to read a magazine like a magazine. Not a tablet of contents that looks like a webpage. You can't just browse the magazine, you have to go form the table of contents to story back to table of contents back to next story.
Great Magazine, Unreliable App
I LOVE this magazine and am a digital only subscriber. The app worked well up until December 2014. But twice this month I was not able to download the latest edition on either my iPhone or iPad. They fixed it once, but it's happening again.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 22, 2014
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 11.9 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Weekly Standard LLC
- © 2012 Weekly Standard LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- January 23, 2017$4.99
- May 13, 2013$4.99
- January 16, 2017$4.99
- May 27, 2013$4.99
- January 28, 2013$4.99
- December 23, 2013$4.99
- May 6, 2013$4.99
- October 14, 2013$4.99