The WhiteHouse Gaim is a really addictive card game developed for iOS.
Card Game Rules
• PRELIMINARIES After the dealer shuffles, the player on the right of the dealer cuts the pack and then the dealer deals the cards. Before the game begins, it should be decided how many plays to complete or how long the game should be. One game consists of 4 or 6 plays. One game may take 30 to 40 minutes depending on the players' ability.
• DEAL For 4 players, 8 cards for each player, dealt face down 4 cards at a time. Clubs, Spades, Hearts & Diamonds. Shuffling and dealing are done clockwise after each play.
The shuffling of the cards will be automatic and this is done by the program automatically according the turn of play.
• PLAY The object of the play is to win the points bid by the bidder. Each trick consists of 4 or 6 cards, one played by each player. The player on the dealer's left makes the opening lead and thereafter the winner of each trick leads the next trick. Each player must follow the suit of the first card lead in that trick if available in his/her hand. If a player doesn't have a card in the same suit, he/she may ask the bidder to reveal the trump card or he/she may choose not to ask to reveal the trump card and play any other card. When the trump card is revealed, the player who has asked to reveal, should play a trump card if available in his/her hand, otherwise he/she can play any other card. The bidder should not reveal the trump card in the trump suit unless the trump card has been revealed already or he/she has only the trump cards in his/her hand. If the bidder doesn't have a card in the suit led by another player, he/she can choose to reveal the trump card or lead any other card.
Each trick is won by the player who plays the highest ranking card in that suit or any card in the trump suit. Even the lowest ranking card in the trump suit can win over the highest ranking cards in other suits. If there is more than one trump card in a trick, the highest ranking trump card wins the trick. The first card led, can win a trick if nobody else has any cards in the same type of suit or trump suit. One player in each team collects the tricks and bunches them face down. At the end of the play, the bidder counts the points of the cards his/her team has collected. After collecting the tricks, one team cannot look at the different cards kept bunched by the other team except with the permission of the other team.
In the game play, each player can see all his cards at the bottom of the screen and can see the thumbnails, name and bid amount along with the tricks won(if bidding has already happened) in the rest of the three sides of the device. The opposite players are considered as a team. The player taps on a card which he wants to play, which will select that card, and then will tap on the table to play the selected card.
All cards may not be accessible for a trick. Only the cards of the same suit will be available for play. The player who does not have the card of the same suit will have an option to view the trump card. And if the same suit of the trump card is available with that player who has seen the trump, then, only the cards of the suit of the trump will be available for him to play. Else he can play another card of any suit.
The person who has played the highest card of the same suit, or the trump card or the highest in the trump card will gain the cards played that particular round. The first led card wins the trick if none of the players plays the card of the same suit or the trump.
• REWARD Maximum points for a Game can be fixed as 101. Add up the points each team gets for every round. Whichever team reaches 101, wins the game.
Ratings and Reviews
If you can get three of your friends to download the game I can guarantee you will have a fun time. After reading the directions it is easy to understand the game and the app allows seamless play.
- Thomas Cherian
- 130.3 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Gambling and Contests
- © The WhiteHouse Gaim
- In-App Purchases
- Coins $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.