- TOP 100 STUNNING iPAD APP - Apps Magazine
- 4.5 / 5 Stars - "...it makes me feel like I’m reading a magical book from a library that existed long ago." - AppAdvice.com
- "...The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, in an inviting, and more importantly, enjoyable, way." - RazorianFly.com
- 4.5 / 5 Stars - "...this book comes alive and makes it an intriguing read for both kids and adults alike." - TouchReviews.net
- Experience the story of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz like never before!
- OZ is a remarkable re-working of the original book by L. Frank Baum.
- Carefully abridged to stay true to the original text, with 112 beautiful pages.
- Featuring the original illustrations of W.W. Denslow, digitally remastered and brought to life with stunning effect.
- Children and adults alike can immerse themselves in the adventures of Dorothy and her friends.
- The clever use of the physics engine combined with the tilt and touch features of the iPad let you take part in the story.
- With over 25 interactive and dynamic pages, including:
- Free the Scarecrow (ragdoll) from his pole
- Oil the Tin Woodman to free his limbs
- See the Lion quiver as Dorothy tells him off
- Stop the Kalidah's in their tracks
- Watch as the Wicked Witch of the West melts away
- Put the Tin Woodman back together
- Reveal the true identity of the Wizard of Oz
- Give the Tin Woodman his heart
- Give the Lion his courage
- Give the Scarecrow his brains
- Interact and play sounds with the HammerHeads
- Send Dorothy home to Kansas
and much more...
Ratings and Reviews
Too difficult for young children
My 6 year old son loves books but this is not the perfect match. Too long, not read along....
I really love the illustrations, they are the same as the book I had when I was small. The abridgment is so well done, I didn't notice that I was reading an abridged version until I was more than 50 pages in. The only reason I gave the book 4 stars instead of 5 is because I really wish this was the full, unabridged version of the story.
Not exciting for me
I am more skeptical and expect more value for my money. This book was bought for children but everything about it is dreary and dull and then not having the read along feature just puts the icing on the cake. If you want to draw children to read something then you need to make it vibrant, colorful and exciting that will draw them like a magnet. The feelings of dark and dreary dungeons just don't get it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.