The World Clock
By Orlin Kolev
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
––> Best World Clock app - Featured By Apple in staff favorites in US and 92 countries –> Optimized for iPad Retina Display! iPhone 5 support coming soon! –>
Why we are better than the others? Read below!
––> The World Clock provides the best and most accurate time conversion options
There are two (iPhone) or three (iPad) ways to convert and compare times:
• scroll the map to convert the time within past or future 24 hours
• tap the date button in the toolbar to select specific date, time or timezone (iPad only)
• open the time Converter/Meeting Planner window by selecting the Convert tab (iPhone) or Convert button in the toolbar (iPad). This option allows to select date, time, timezone, working hours, tome zone sorting and more.
Unlike other apps on the app store, some pretending to be "Pro" World Clocks, the conversion takes into account daylight savings time changes.
––> The World Clock is accurate
• The app uses special internet time protocol to connect to atomic time server. For security reasons Apple does not allow third party apps to change the time on the device, but The World Clock shows the time with sub-second accuracy and displays the difference between the atomic clock and the time on the device and may display a warning when the time on the device is off.
• Most world clock apps rely on the time zone database provided by iOS. This database is updated by Apple infrequently and does not contain recent changes for many countries. Almost all competitive apps were showing or still show wrong time for half a dozen countries - Russia, Chile, Morocco, Belarus, Fiji, Armenia, Samoa and more.
• If needed, The World Clock updates the timezone database on launch. If you encounter wrong time for a location, send us a mail using "Send Feedback" option and we will correct the problem within 24 hours. The size of the update is very small, about 4 kilobytes.
––> The World Clock shows the most accurate and attractive day/night map
Our day/night map is calculated using very precise and efficient algorithm. You can even scroll the "darkness" with unmatched precision and performance. Enjoy the equinox twice a year! Some of the apps on the app store, e.g. World Clock Pro, show highly inaccurate day/night map, which sometimes is off by more than 2 hours for certain locations!
––> See the time at a glance
The World Clock implements has customizable clock face color change rules (main screen and time converter on the iPad, Converter tab on the iPhone). Selecting proper rule, e.g. from 9 AM till 9PM, allows to see whether it is OK to make a call at a single glance!
––> Send email invitations or add an event to the Calendar
Tap the calendar icon in the Converter/Meeting Planner window or after scrolling the map on the main screen (iPad only) and compose a mail with a neat time table for a meeting.
––> The largest database of populated places - more than 230 countries, almost 200000 populated places, plus UTC/GMT with offsets.
Note that when adding a clock, you need to select the country first, then the city.
––> The World Clock provides Alarm with time zone support
Please make sure the notifications are turned on in the Settings app (Settings -> Notifications)
––> Comprehensive information about the selected cities
This includes GMT offset, difference with your local time, dates for daylight savings time changes, coordinates, sunrise, sunset and more! You can select to display some of this information along the time on the main screen/ Clocks tab.
––> on iPad - 9 clock designs (5 analog and 4 digital), full screen mode for larger clocks: swipe the map handle up, swipe down to bring the map back!
The Day and Night Map is generated based on images from the NASA Visible Earth Project.
Design improvements by Marcello Luppi, Wrinkly Pea Design
What's New in Version 5.1.2
• Fix for a crash when adding GMT
Very polished and highly accurate
This is a superb app. It really shines on the iPad. A hidden feature I like, is under the settings, you can adjust the overall screen brightness. This brightness "sticks" when you leave the app, so you can actually use the app as a quick way of setting your iPad brightness.
You can quickly rearrange the order of the clocks simply by touching them and dragging them on the screen. There are many different ways of showing additional information, like offset from GMT, or current date and time in digital under the analog clock, etc. You can hide or show the world map with a pulldown window shade, similar to Apple's notification Center window shade. It's easy to change clock faces with the little buttons in the lower left and right corner to get a completely different appearance, either digital or analog. Accuracy is insured by being able to sync time within the app separate from the iDevice time setting, even notifying when the iDevice time setting is off! That's a great help. Definitely worth five stars.
Best In Class. Lots of Nice Features 👍 😃
Well worth the purchase price. Best In Class. Lots of Nice Features 👍
This clock has many features that other clock apps lack. Some apps look good but lack features. some apps have lots of features but do not look so good. This one looks great and is loaded with features.
One of my favorite features is the time converter. Spin the wheel to any city or time to convert to the time in the cities in your favorites list. I have several friends in different countries that I talk with over VOIP but I can never remember what the time is where they are. The clock and the time converter will make it much easier to know when to contact my friends.
If you are looking for a World Clock with lots of features but is easy to use, this is the one to get.
🔝 👍 😃 🔝 👍 😃 🔝 👍 😃 🔝 👍 😃 🔝 👍 😃 🔝 👍 😃
The WORLD'S clock
Andrei Kolev has done a masterful job of programming this highly-functional application. Everywhere one looks, forethought and planning abound. Selecting time zones, countries, cities and display features are a breeze, done with a few clicks. By all means, purchase Kolev's full vision for the alarm feature alone. This app seems perfectly suited for my iPad 3's sharp, colorful Retina screen. Perhaps this skilled developer's next challenge will be to create the ultimate grandfather clock complete with moving weights, a moon-phase dial and Westminster chimes. Five stars.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 10, 2012
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 82.8 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Orlin Kolev
- © 2010-2012 Orlin Kolev
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.