The World in Jigsaw Puzzles
By Raza Shaikh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"The World in Jigsaw Puzzles presents to you various images from all over the world and information about these places, creatures and objects leading you on an adventure of learning by solving one Jigsaw Puzzle at a time.
* Puzzles are organized by regions of various part of the world. Tap on a region and find out the puzzles that belong to places, creatures and objects in that region. You can also view all the puzzles organized by category.
* Browse through the puzzles and choose the difficulty level - you can solve a 16, 36, or a 100 pieces!
* As you solve the Jigsaw Puzzle you can also save and come back to the rest later.
* Once you a solve the puzzle you will find more details about the region and location where the image is from, about the place, creature or object and about the photographer/artist of the image.
* Half of the available puzzles are already unlocked and available for playing. For solving the puzzle you also earn Jigsaw Dollars based on the difficulty level and how fast you solve it. These Jigsaw Dollars can be used to unlock more puzzles or be used for your Custom Jigsaw Puzzles!
* You can upload your own pictures and make custom puzzles out of them.
* Specially category for puzzles designed for kids!
All images for the puzzles are used under the Creative Commons license allowed by their original owners.
In short, The World in Jigsaw Puzzles should keep you busy and provide fun, mental challenge and information at the same time!
What's New in Version 1.1
Thank you for all your feedback - here is an update to the app:
* Fixed the annoying bug where sometimes the app would not correctly recognize a completed puzzle
* Made it easier for you to provide feedback and rate the app (and earn bonus Jigsaw Dollars)
* Fixed the facebook logout issue - the app now logs out your facebook account when it closes
* Fixed bugs in the Save functionality - the app now correctly saves where you left a puzzle
I've tried other jigsaw puzzles and this one has the most puzzles which is really great and interesting. I like the description of what the pictures are about. Great learning tool for your kids. Would like to see more option between the medium and hard. While hard is challenging, the biggest challenge is the size of the pieces. One of the reasons that I like jigsaw puzzles is the challenge of finding the piece not only by the picture but the shape of the piece. That part of the challenge is lost in this game. Would like to see better graphics. Many of the pieces have gaps between them. Still the best I have seen in iPad jigsaw puzzles.
So much to love about this one - the beautiful pictures, the information about each puzze, being able to see the preview while solving, earning "puzzle dollars" which can be used to open additional puzzles. This is the best I've found for free!
A couple of suggestions: it would be nice to have an easy way to get the pieces out of the way, or have them appear in a tray at the bottom or side, out of the way; pet peeve - once it cuts the puzzle up, the pieces don't fit together very well. There are gaps between some of the pieces, sometimes even appearing a little "off", rather than fitting together smoothly.
Still, a definate winner! Thanks!
Love the Puzzles
The puzzles that come with the program. I WISH they offered MORE puzzles to choose from. I found a problem with uploading my own pictures to use as a puzzle - when you try and use your own photos, the pieces are VERY SMALL. as such, it was extremely difficult to put the puzzle together. Don't get me wrong, the option to create your own puzzles is AMAZING, it just needs to be tweaked so that it actually works.