By Thecus Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Add N2520/N2560 LED light controller.
The Thecus Dashboard is a NAS dashboard for the iPhone. It enables an administrator to be free to monitor and manage a Thecus NAS anytime and anywhere. This app is designed for a Thecus NAS administrator to keep track of NAS information, system status and service status.The NAS can be discovered through *Bonjour* (if activated), or by inputting the IP address (or domain name) of the NAS.
1. Bonjour service on NAS must be turned on for auto detection to find NAS.
2. NAS must be installed with version 3.0 or higher firmware version to function normally.
**Up coming updates**
1. A module for installing on NAS to support more features and lower version firmware for APP.
2. APP with new features.
What's New in Version 2.0
1. Dashboard module for supporting additional feature.
2. Modified initial screen to allow only local LAN NAS discovery and direct IP.
3. New NAS monitor page capable of turning on & off services on NAS.
4. List out all users on NAS to provide password modifications.
5. Binds current device to NAS for providing Administrator account password reset at login page.
I agree with the previous review that the information provided isn't too useful. It'd be nice to at least be able to check the status of the RAID and progress of any operations. Ultimately, the ability to browse the drive's contents would be sweet.
-To make your NAS discoverable, you need to enable Bonjour.
-To be able to change things, you need to install the dashboard module.
The application does find my NAS and I am able to login. The application crashes when selecting 'Service Status Monitoring' so I am not able to comment on how the app functions once you are past that point. The 'Change User Password' feature works as expected. Thecus should relocate the 'Reset Administrator Password' button as it is too easy to hit and accidently reset your NAS password. Hope Thecus can get this to work as it sounds like it has some nice functionality.
Not Ready for Prime Time
Doesn't really provide any useful information. Would be nice to be able to check the status of backup jobs or create backup jobs. Would be nice, if it let you see the status of drives or RAID.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 02, 2010
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thecus Technology Corp.
- ©2013 Thecus Technology Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.