TheEatApp 2 is a one time investment in immediate holistic health improvement. Suffering from chronic indigestion, food intolerance, or irritable bowel syndrome? Try TheEatApp 2. Want to stop worrying about your weight for good? Try TheEatApp 2.
• Comprehensive database with more than 1000 most common foods: 600+ most popular foods and 400+ foods from 10 most popular restaurants.
• Visual/audio eating guidance tools.
• Monitoring and self-quantified features.
• Comprehensive feedback and analytical tools: stats, charts, and diagrams.
Establishing good eating habits has never been easier:
• Click 3-bar menu button in the upper left corner to open the Options Screen and select Settings:
o Chose Imperial or Metric units
o Chose Speed of Chewing: Fast (80 per min) or Slow (70 per min)
• Click All Foods to go to the All Foods screen.
• Select a food item from the Food list or click on the Restaurants tab: chose a restaurant from the popup list.
• Select a food item.
• Pay attention to the key food info: Weight, Total Eating Time, Number of Bites,
Number of Chews, Calories, and Health Score.
• Visually divide your food into the indicated number of bites (give or take a few).
• Press Start and chew along with the Countdown Button: navy circle indicates chews and white circle indicates bites.
• To pause the countdown, tap the Countdown Button and tap again to continue.
• Stay with the countdown to the very end – wait for the "Great Job!" pop-up.
Analyze your food intake and progress:
• Go to the Eatometer menu for the feedback on your eating patterns.
• Get info on foods you consumed during one day by tapping each entry.
• See the weekly trends of food consumption and compare them with previous weeks as you go forward.
• Small bites – one bite is about one cubic centimeter (~ ½ cubic in). Don’t panic - sure, it will take some work to adjust to small bites, but you’ll get good at it very fast.
• Thorough chewing – a certain number of chews in each bite is deliberately calculated to make sure that you chew each morsel properly, albeit not too long to bore you stiff.
• Never drink liquids while chewing! You may drink liquids in moderation after swallowing your food.
• The health score is rated on the scale from one to ten, with 1 being the worst and 10 - the healthiest food. Excessive calories and volume and nasty nutrients (sugar, trans fat, etc.) lower the health score, while moderate portions, high density of good nutrients, and abundance of antioxidants do just the opposite.
• Use the app consistently for the first 3-4 weeks to form a habit.
EATOMETER – PEDOMETER 4 EATING
Eatometer stats and charts track food intake and provide feedback and analysis - they help understand your eating habits and nudge you towards healthier eating practices.
• Time, Bites, Chews: calculates the total time you spent eating during one day, as well as the total number of bites and chews. Slow mindful eating is a source of relaxation and pleasure. Spend at least 90 minutes a day enjoying your food, take 200+ small bites, and make 5000+ chews.
• Health Score chart: calculates and displays your foods’ health score. Keep your average daily score above an 8.
• Texture Breakdown chart: calculates and displays the percentage of soft, medium, and firm foods in your diet. It is very easy to overeat soft foods and much harder to gorge on firm foods. The goal is to eat over 60% firm, under 30% medium, and under 10% soft foods daily.
• Calorie Breakdown chart: calculates and displays your daily/weekly calorie consumption. Calorie breakdown is updated after each meal.
• Number of Foods Consumed chart: calculates the number of foods consumed daily/weekly. Eat at least 10 foods with Eatom every day.
NB! This information should not be used as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare provider. You should always consult your physician or healthcare provider for medical advice or services.
The new version has a new name, updated icon, and updated description.
- Alex Nedvetsky
- 5.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Alex Nedvetsky
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.