By The Gig Easy, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TheGigEasy App replaces folders of paper sheet music and cumbersome binders with a sleek portable iPad. Easily access thousands of pages of PDF scores, parts, lyrics and chord charts in seconds and keep them organized with searchable library and set lists. Rotate to landscape view to enlarge music. Backlit screen eliminates the need for a stand light. Comprehensive annotation features allow you to easily mark up your pages with pen, highlighter, text and musical glyphs, in any color or size. Turn pages with a tap, a swipe or the AirTurn Bluetooth hands-free page turner.
Features of TheGigEasy
• Easily import and manage PDF files via iTunes
• Library includes auto alphabetize and comprehensive database feature
• Wizard search feature for quick access to files
• Metadata stored with each file includes Project, Composer, Key, Tempo, etc.
• Crop pages for optimal viewing size on iPad screen (stored for each page)
• Landscape mode fits page width to screen for a larger view and half page turns.
• Set Lists with quick access by tapping page number display
• Jump to page by tapping page number display
• Comprehensive annotation tools include Pen, Highlight, Text and Music Glyphs
• Metronome with audible click or visual flash
• Pitch Pipe
• Change background color (stored for each page)
• Clock and battery status (show/hide from Settings)
• AirTurn BT-105 support for hands-free page turns using the AirTurn Bluetooth Pedalboard
• Help system built-in
Combined with TheGigEasy iPad mounting products, TheGigEasy App liberates musicians from the tyranny of bulky paper music, allowing you to have thousands of songs/charts/scores at your fingertips.
TheGigEasy is transforming the way musicians work and play by providing complete music solutions for the Apple iPad. We design and manufacture professional software and mounting products and are a Colorado-based company created by musicians for musicians in order to help simplify the transition to tablet computers. Our high-quality products are all manufactured in the USA and our expert advice is custom designed with your needs in mind in order to bring music and technology together.
What's New in Version 1.56
* Deleted files reappear - In the previous versions, PDF files that were deleted were removed from the database but never actually deleted from the device. These files would reappear when scanning for new songs.
With this version deleted files will actually be deleted from the device.
Please note that the first time songs are rescanned, any 'deleted' files from the old version will reappear. Simply delete them again and they will be removed.
You can force a scan by using the "Reset Database" button in Settings and select the "Scan For New Songs" selection.
* Scan For New Songs - In previous versions this choice would always give you a popup that said songs have changed, even if they have not. This now only pops up if more than 100 songs have actually changed - otherwise the scan is performed without the popup.
* Open-In Bug fixed - If a file is Open-In loaded twice, the second one would have been stuck in the InBox. This confused the system and also caused "InBox/..." files to appear in the Library. This version fixes this - however, you may still find you have InBox/... files from the previous version. Simply leave them or delete them.
Open-In also has been changed so that it doesn't ask about integrating the new song.
* Other minor fixes
Good, but needs some work
This is a very good app, but it needs some work on the touch sensitivity. I used it on a gig this past weekend and found it very difficult to move a page around or resize it. It also jumped back to the first song in the list a few times as I struggled to move the page around so, needless to say, it was useless during those times I couldn't get it to work right.
Fixing those issues will definitely make it a 5 star app!