Play with light – Theremin I/O turns your iPhone into a touchless music instrument. It uses your camera and flash to measure the distance to your hand, this signal is then processed by a synthesizer to generate a tone.
• Old-school synthesizer
• Constrain input to scales (harmony quantization)
• 8 sound presets with effect controls
• 50+ scale presets
• Use as a MIDI controller (requires in-app purchase)
• Learn fast with the tutorial overlay
For more information visit http://theremin.io
* Updated for iOS 11
* Network MIDI is now free!
Ratings and Reviews
I have no access to change sounds. The bottom shows up for half a second and then goes blank. Where do I change sounds? Pretty cool how it works though. It’s awesome. Just love to have other sounds.
The GUI is top notch. Way above other apps that try to mimic the theremin.
Very customizable and well worth the small cost.
Issue with calibration
I checked, and my phone allows this app to use the camera, but it could never calibrate.
Developer Response ,
Hi, I know this is several years late but Apple just started allowing Developers to respond to reviews. If you still need help with the app send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll do my best to assist you!
- FFFF00 Agents AB
- 18.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © FFFF00Agents AB
- In-App Purchases
- Network MIDI $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.