By Jason Fieldman
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you loved Theseus on the iPhone, wait until you see it in HD! Theseus has been completely remade to take advantage of the iPad's powerful hardware and graphics capabilities, and the new level pack system ensures that new levels will be steadily introduced over time! If you've never played Theseus before, now is the perfect time to find out what you've been missing!
In Theseus HD, you take on the role of Theseus, attempting to navigate the Labyrinths of Crete. Make it to the stairs to complete each level while eluding capture by the Minotaur. The Minotaur is twice as fast as you, but follows a strict set of rules that can be used to your favor.
Acclaim for Theseus on the iPhone:
* "With a set of superb levels and the kind of gameplay that can entice you for either hourly marathons or quick-minute fixes, Theseus is easily one of the best puzzlers available on the iPhone" --Pocketgamer; Gold award
* "If you like logic/puzzle games, this one's worth a try." --TouchArcade
* "...the hybrid of cat-and-mouse and chess really begins to shine" --knowyourcell.com
* "...In my opinion, anyone will appreciate the effort put into the polished user interface. If you are game for something different, check out Theseus...it’s bound to give your brain a good workout." --nineoverten.com
Theseus HD comes with:
* The complete original dungeon pack, of nearly 100 levels.
* Two new dungeon packs with over 50 new levels exclusive to the HD version.
* A dungeon pack manager allowing new levels to be imported easily with future updates.
* A new, longer tutorial illustrates example levels and teaches you the basics
* Beautiful high-quality graphics throughout, accompanied by a new musical score.
* Popular quick-undo/reset, and available hint system in case you get stuck!
Theseus HD was designed in collaboration with original puzzle designer Robert Abbott.
Graphic Design by Daniel Lam (danlam.net) of Trickshot Games (trickshotgames.com)
Excellent blend of puzzle and mythology
If you like puzzles and mythology, you can't go wrong with this solid app which is based on the Greek myth of Theseus and the Minotaur. With a wide variety of puzzles, you try to move our hero to the exit before the monstrous Minotaur can catch him. The music adds greatly to the atmosphere, and the hint feature can be used if you get too stuck on some of the more complex puzzles. This is definitely one of the best puzzle games on the iPad today, and one I highly recommend.
A bit overhyped but not bad.
This game is alright. There is very little going on other than the puzzle. The sounds are very basic and the puzzle difficulty is pretty random. Some are impossibly hard and then the following puzzle will be a joke. The harder puzzles, so far, are hard simply because you have to pick an EXACT path. Even if you know what to do, there can be a lot of aggravating trial and error. I'm not a huge puzzle nut, but I like a mentally stimulating challenge and I find this game lacking. Most of the time this game is hard via tedious repetition, not through strategy.
Love this puzzle game
This is a great game that combines strategy with a really nicely done graphical interface. I've finished about half the puzzles and have had the app a couple of weeks. It's currently my go-to entertainment app that I fire up when I've got a few free minutes. Each puzzle can usually be solved in a few minutes, so it's easy to put down and pick up later where you left off. I highly recommend this app.