Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. Millions of people rely on the Daily Skimm for their news every morning, and now we’re making it easier to be smarter in a whole new way. Think: the future and everything else.
-- Meet Skimm Ahead: it gives you all the info you need about future events. Never again will you wonder when Beyonce tickets go on sale, what time the debate starts, when your favorite Netflix series is coming back, or when National Wine Day is.
And the best part - it can all show up directly in your calendar.
-- Meet Skimm Reads: everyday we choose a new 5 min Read and every Friday a favorite book. All the reads. All the time. All in one place. Oh, and then we make it easy to search for past ones so you’ll never run out of things to read. Your bathroom break just got a lot less crappy.
-- Meet Skimm Picks: a selection of what you need to start watching, downloading, and listening to.
-- Daily Skimm: yes, the best way to wake up is also here. It’s free 99 and it starts your morning with all the info you need to get you through your day.
Your first month of the app is free. That’s right. You can Skimmify your calendar and check out all the events, Reads, and Picks before a recurring charge of $2.99 per month or $29.99 per year is applied.
In-app purchase subscription required. All subscriptions begin with a free 1-month trial, after which a recurring charge of $2.99 per month or $29.99 per year is applied.
- Subscription options: monthly subscription of $2.99 per month, or yearly subscription of $29.99 per year
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
What's New in Version 1.8.1
Hey Skimm'rs, exciting new update for you...
* You can now text or email Skimm Ahead events, Skimm Reads, and Skimm Picks with your friends with just one tap.
* Share the app with friends directly from the Today screen.
* Tap on anything on the Today screen to expand the image, share, or add an event directly to your calendar.
* Bug fixes and improvements to make the experience so fresh and so smooth, smooth.
Skimm Ahead's amazing and tells me everything that's coming up -- from politics to Netflix season premieres to the UN General Assembly. Lifesaver for work and social life.
Do not use The Skimm in an attempt to have an intelligent, informed conversation about world events. The writing is sophomoric. The only difference between The Skimm & The Weekly Reader they use to hand out in elementary school, The Skimm hints at vulgar language. Coarse language does not make one "edgy". It is a sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully.
I am not surprised celebrities endorse this product. It seems like something that would appeal to court jesters.
Loving this app! Always keeping me informed and helping me plan ahead. I'm no longer scrambling to make plans to watch events like the Oscar's with my friends. Also loving the daily 5 minute reads. Can't wait to see what they add next!
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 21, 2017
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 31.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Skimm Inc.
- © 2016 THESKIMM, INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases