Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. Millions of people rely on the Daily Skimm for their news every morning, and now we’re making it easier to be smarter in a whole new way. Think: the future and everything else.
-- Meet Skimm Ahead: it gives you all the info you need about future events. Never again will you wonder when Beyonce tickets go on sale, what time the debate starts, when your favorite Netflix series is coming back, or when National Wine Day is.
And the best part - it can all show up directly in your calendar.
-- Meet Skimm Reads: everyday we choose a new 5 min Read and every Friday a favorite book. All the reads. All the time. All in one place. Oh, and then we make it easy to search for past ones so you’ll never run out of things to read. Your bathroom break just got a lot less crappy.
-- Meet Skimm Picks: a selection of what you need to start watching, downloading, and listening to.
-- Daily Skimm: yes, the best way to wake up is also here. It’s free 99 and it starts your morning with all the info you need to get you through your day.
Your first month of the app is free. That’s right. You can Skimmify your calendar and check out all the events, Reads, and Picks before a recurring charge of $2.99 per month or $29.99 per year is applied.
In-app purchase subscription required. All subscriptions begin with a free 1-month trial, after which a recurring charge of $2.99 per month or $29.99 per year is applied.
- Subscription options: monthly subscription of $2.99 per month, or yearly subscription of $29.99 per year
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
What's New in Version 1.7.3
Hey Skimm'rs, exciting new update for you...
* You can now text or email Skimm Ahead events, Skimm Reads, and Skimm Picks with your friends with just one tap.
* Share the app with friends directly from the Today screen.
* Tap on anything on the Today screen to expand the image, share, or add an event directly to your calendar.
* Bug fixes and improvements to make the experience so fresh and so smooth, smooth.
Not worth it
The Skimm seems to be a scamm
Update the app cover art!!!
I have been rooting for the skimm for years! Just update the app cover! The graphics inside the app are great but the app button isn't.
I read the previous reviews and am not sure what they are even talking about. It is just simply a snap shot of what is happening or has happened for the day. The Bias is what you bring to the table. It is true that you do have to agree to the trial and that the service is not free. If you do not like it simply cancel your subscription. It really isn't that hard to do! I am not sure if I will end up keeping this app. I have enjoyed what I have seen so far. It gives you a quick run down about subjects that people will be talking about and maybe somethings that people will not be which will make for a good did you know? The condense review is done in a clever and interesting way. That style may not be for everyone! The reason why I am not sure if I will keep it or not is I am not sure that for the amount of stories they provide that it is worth the price tag! I will keep it for the first month and then determine if it is enough news (stories) to justify the cost!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 18, 2017
- Version: 1.7.3
- Size: 30.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Skimm Inc.
- © 2016 THESKIMM, INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases