By Interval Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Thicket. Thats all i have to say. If you have an ipad, download it." -Jad Abumrad, host of NPR's Radiolab
Thicket is an audiovisual playground that allows anyone to create beautiful sounds and pictures from simple finger touches. For users of all ages, this generative art and sound app immerses you in song-like audiovisual pieces called modes. When “playing” a mode, you both react to and create the music and graphics that you experience. Each mode is its own art generator, interactive toy, musical instrument, even performance tool depending on how you use it. And with new modes to be developed and released every few months, Thicket functions an expandable platform in the exciting new genre of handheld interactive art.
- Control visuals and sound simultaneously with touch and gesture
- comes loaded with one free mode, Sinemorph!
- watch demos of each mode performed by the creators of the app
- gestural control system: switch modes with a simple swipe of your finger
- child lock: removes menu and interface for uninterrupted fun.
-Audiobus support : route Thicket's audio to the Audiobus-enabled app or effect of your choice.
- screen capture: seamlessly capture snapshots of your favorite moments and share them with friends.
- custom video out options on supported devices via apple HDMI connector, VGA connector, or wirelessly via Airplay
-Universal app: works on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
What's New in Version 3.20
-NEW: Audiobus support : route Thicket's audio to the Audiobus-enabled app or effect of your choice.
-iPhone5, iPhone5s support
-lots of bugfixes
Interesting and Fresh.
I've actually thought creating app similar to this that keeps you mesmerized while you blankly tap on the screen. I suggest that the developers create a mode where you can play your own music while tapping on the screen and the lines/designs that react to finger touches will respond to wavelength to the music. Ciao!
My brain married Scary Ugly
Usually these kind of audiovisual apps are fun at first but lose their appeal after the novelty wears off. Surprisingly this app is different. Actually kind of addicting. Especially Scary Ugly because I keep discovering new ways to manipulate the visuals.
Impressive algorithms for both sound and visuals. My only complaint is that there should be more modes.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 07, 2013
- Version: 3.20
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Interval Studios Inc
- © 2013 Interval Studios Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cut Whispers$0.99
- Scary Ugly$0.99