A brand new adventure game from Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, creators of the classics Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion! Play as five characters to uncover the surreal mystery of Thimbleweed Park -- a town where a dead body is the least of your problems.
A haunted hotel, an abandoned circus, a burnt-out pillow factory, a dead body pixelating under the bridge, toilets that run on vacuum tubes... you’ve never visited a place like Thimbleweed Park before.
Five people with nothing in common have been drawn to this rundown, forgotten town. They don’t know it yet, but they are all deeply connected. And they’re being watched.
...Who is Agent Ray really working for and will she get what they want?
...What does Junior Agent Reyes know about a 20 year old factory fire that he’s not saying?
...Will the ghost, Franklin, get to speak to his daughter again?
...Will Ransome the *Beeping* Clown ever become a decent human being?
...Will aspiring game developer Delores abandon her dreams and stick by her family?
...And most importantly: how come no one cares about that dead body?
By the end of a long, strange night in Thimbleweed Park, all of this will be answered -- and you’ll question everything you thought you knew.
In a town like Thimbleweed Park, a dead body is the least of your problems.
- From Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, creators of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion.
- A neo-noir mystery set in 1987.
- 5 playable characters who can work together… or get on each other’s nerves.
- Not a walking simulator!
- Satisfying puzzles intertwined with a twisty-turny story that will stay with you.
- 1980s-style telephone hint line gives in-game puzzle help -- if you want it
- A vast, bizarre world to explore at your own pace.
- A joke every 2 minutes... guaranteed!*
- Casual and Hard modes with varied difficulty.
- English voices with English, German, French, Italian, Russian, and Spanish subtitles.
*Not a guarantee.
* Arrows add to tutorial screens.
* Fix for audio dropping when receiving a phone call.
* Small bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
A delightfully daft murder mystery, from the masters of the genre.
Adventure gaming at it's finest
This is a quality game with many hours of gameplay, interesting puzzles, and very interesting characters to interact with. You play as several different characters over the course of the game, switching as you want or need too. The game in infused with lots of humor and late 80's references (as the game is set in 1987). I was always a point and click adventure game fan, and this game does not disappoint. Designed by the makers of some of the best adventure games of the past, know you will find intelligent, funny, and interesting content from beginning to end, and you will likely want to play again to look into the details you might have missed the first time. Make sure to check the game options carefully when you play, as you may want to enable some interesting options right from the start (seriously, do this!).
The glory days of adventure games are back!
I absolutely loved all the LucasArts adventure games of the 90s, but was sad to see this genre mostly disappear over time. I've been happy to see remastered versions of many of the classics being brought back to life over the last couple of years though, and the iPad is the perfect device for these games.
While the remastered classics have been great, I still remember a lot of the story, and the puzzles, so not even 20+ years and updated graphics make them feel new again. That's with this game does though. A new, original game with the same feel as the classics. It really is fantastic! I started playing on a 9 hour long-haul flight yesterday, and couldn't put it down.
If you love the adventure game classics, you will love this!
- Terrible Toybox, Inc.
- 985.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright 2014-2017 Terrible Toybox, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Thimbleweed Park™ is a trademark of Terrible Toybox, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.