By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER 2017 ***
Meet the all-new Things! A complete rethinking of the original, award-winning task manager – with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible new features, delightful interactions, and a timeless new design.
HERE'S HOW THINGS WORKS
If you're new to Things, this is the basic workflow:
1. Collect Your Thoughts
Get things off your mind quickly with Things’ action extension – it lets you create to-dos from other apps. Or just talk to Siri on any device (“Remind me to...”) and import from Reminders.
2. Get Organized
Create a project for each of your goals, then add the steps to reach them. For clarity, add structure with headings. Then group your projects by areas of responsibility, such as “Family”, “Work”, or “Health”. Review these regularly to stay on top of things.
3. Plan Your Time
See your calendar events alongside your to-dos and plan your time effectively. Create repeating to-dos for things you do every few days, weeks, or months – Things will remind you on the right day.
4. Make the Most of Your Day
Every morning, grab a coffee and prepare your list for “Today”: review previously planned to-dos and make quick decisions on what to tackle. Pick some more steps from your projects and then get going. The Today list is the only place you’ll need to look for the rest of the day.
5. Customize Your Workflow
Use tags to categorize your to-dos or add context. For example, tag places like “Office” or “Home”, or tag all your “Errands”, or everything you’re working on with “Kate”. You can easily find everything you’ve tagged via filtering or search.
HERE'S WHY WE THINK YOU'LL LOVE THINGS
1. It stays out of your way.
As you start using Things, you’ll quickly notice how seamlessly all the features fit together to give you an uncluttered, focused experience. There are no unnecessary frills. No pointless gimmicks or useless controls. In fact, you’ll hardly notice the app – it’s just you and your to-dos.
2. Everything revolves around your to-dos.
In Things, each of your to-dos are special. In a list, they simply show a checkbox and the title of your to-do. But when you open them, they extend into a beautiful white piece of paper that’s ready to hold your thoughts. Additional details (checklists, tags, reminders, deadline) are nicely tucked away in the corner until you need them.
3. It’s got a touch of magic.
Things removes friction in magical ways. Take the new Magic Plus Button that lets you insert to-dos at any place in a list – simply via drag and drop. Or the ease at which you can multi-select and operate on many to-dos at once. Or the natural language date parser: just type “tomorrow”, “in 4 days", or “next Wednesday", and it will jump to all the right conclusions.
4. It’s got all the power of iOS.
Things is fully integrated with all the latest iOS technologies: Apple Watch, Calendars, Siri & Reminders, Today Widget, Quick Actions, Action Extension, Handoff, and Notifications.
5. And much more...
Everyone's got their favorite feature, it's impossible to list them all. See what our users love about Things – visit our website at: thingsapp.com
This is a truly incredible update, with dozens of powerful new features. See the “What’s New” section below for a full list.
THINGS FOR ALL YOUR DEVICES
Get Things for Mac and iPad to enjoy the full power of Things across your devices (sold separately). The apps all stay updated via Things Cloud – the push sync service that we custom-built for Things.
If you have any questions, or run into any trouble – please contact us. We provide world-class, professional support for Things, and we’ll be glad to help you.
What's New in Version 3.2.5
Things 3.2 delivers full compatibility with iOS 11 and watchOS 4, and two brand-new features: Siri integration, and link detection for third-party apps.
You can now use Siri to quickly add a task, display a list, or search for a tag (requires iOS 11). For example, you might say:
• Create a new task: “Add a task in Things”
• Create a task with a title: “In Things, create a task to buy milk”
• Set a reminder: “Using Things, remind me tomorrow at 9 AM to make a dinner reservation”
• View your list for the day: “Show my Today list in Things”
• Search for a tag across all your lists: “Show my Errands list in Things”
• and more…
3RD-PARTY APP LINKS
Things now detects links to files from other apps, such as Ulysses, Evernote, Bear, etc. and makes them tappable (for example: ulysses://x-callback-url/open?id=imkX-yOF9WgAT5pNg0P7Pw). When you tap these links in Things, they will now open in the app you created the link from.
—— New in 3.2.5 ——
• Fixed a bug that could cause Siri to show an incorrect UI for Things.
• Fixed a bug where textual changes made via the suggestion bar might be ignored.
• Fixed a bug that prevented text selection after creating an area in the sources list.
• Fixed a bug where the order of a multi-selected group of projects and to-dos could get jumbled while moving them.
• Fixed a bug where multiple toolbars could appear layered on top of each other in some situations.
• Fixed an issue where the UI might not update correctly when setting a start date.
• Fixed an issue where the multi-select toolbar might have an incorrect layout for some combinations of language and display resolution.
• Fixed some visual glitches with the multi-select toolbar when using an external keyboard.
• Fixed some glitches that could cause certain UI elements to mistakenly appear on the iPhone X.
• Fixed the Italian localization of the “Clear” button.
• Fixed some bugs with text editing and selection.
The cornerstone of my week!
Over the years I have learned to use this versatile software in a way that has now become the foundation for my week. More specifically the cornerstone, because if you removed organization from my fast paced world it would barely hold together. Things provides the tools, and it’s just up to you to use them... and use them in a way that addresses your unique needs.
The best app in iOS
Most applications, when they move to a major new release, they make the product way more complex and unfriendly, with lots of random features everywhere (“the second-system effect”).
Amazingly it was not the case here: everything is even more thought-out and to the point. Things 3 has the best interactions and animations I’ve ever seen in an iOS app. Thanks a lot!
Just so slow!
When it comes to a to-do app, you want to be able to get in, drop your to-do, and get out fast. Other than reliability (not losing to-dos) this is the most important thing. With Things, I consistently get lag with nearly every operation I perform in the app. It lags on launch, on adding a to-do, on choosing a date for the to-do, and nearly everything else. I’ve spent a lot of money with these guys, but thinking about looking for other options, because the friction of entering to-dos is just too noticeable.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 16, 2017
- Version: 3.2.5
- Size: 71.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2008-2017 Cultured Code
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.