By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Meet the all-new Things! A complete rethinking of the original, award-winning task manager – with a perfect balance between simplicity and power, incredible new features, delightful interactions, and a timeless new design.
*** APPLE DESIGN AWARD WINNER 2017 ***
HERE’S HOW THINGS WORKS
If you’re new to Things, this is the basic workflow:
1. Collect Your Thoughts
Get things off your mind quickly: no matter what app you’re in, a keyboard shortcut instantly reveals Quick Entry. Type your thoughts and save them to the Inbox. Or just talk to Siri on any device (“Remind me to...”) and import from Reminders.
2. Get Organized
Create a project for each of your goals, then add the steps to reach them. For clarity, add structure with headings. Then group your projects by areas of responsibility, such as “Family”, “Work”, or “Health”. Review these regularly to stay on top of things.
3. Plan Your Time
See your calendar events alongside your to-dos and plan your time effectively. Create repeating to-dos for things you do every few days, weeks, or months – Things will remind you on the right day.
4. Make the Most of Your Day
Every morning, grab a coffee and prepare your list for “Today”: review previously planned to-dos and make quick decisions on what to tackle. Pick some more steps from your projects and then get going. The Today list is the only place you’ll need to look for the rest of the day.
5. Customize Your Workflow
Use tags to categorize your to-dos or add context. For example, tag places like “Office” or “Home”, or tag all your “Errands”, or everything you’re working on with “Kate”. You can easily find everything you’ve tagged via filtering or search.
HERE’S WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE THINGS
1. It stays out of your way.
As you start using Things, you’ll quickly notice how seamlessly all the features fit together to give you an uncluttered, focused experience. There are no unnecessary frills. No pointless gimmicks or useless controls. In fact, you’ll hardly notice the app – it’s just you and your to-dos.
2. Everything revolves around your to-dos.
In Things, each of your to-dos are special. In a list, they simply show a checkbox and the title of your to-do. But when you open them, they extend into a beautiful white piece of paper that’s ready to hold your thoughts. Additional details (checklists, tags, reminders, deadline) are nicely tucked away in the corner until you need them.
3. It’s got a touch of magic.
Things removes friction in magical ways. As an example, take Type Travel, a remarkable new way to navigate your lists. You just start typing where you want to go – the name of any project, area, or to-do – and instantly you’re transported there. Or look at the Natural Date Input – just type “Tom(orrow)”, “Sat(urday)”, “in fou(r days)”, “Au(gust 1)”., and it will jump to all the right conclusions.
4. It’s got all the power of macOS.
Things is fully integrated with all the latest macOS technologies: Touch Bar, Today Widget, Calendars, Siri & Reminders, Share Extension, Handoff, and AppleScript.
5. And much more...
Everyone’s got their favorite feature, it’s impossible to list them all. See what our users love about Things – visit our website at: thingsapp.com
This is a truly incredible update, with dozens of powerful new features. See the “What’s New” section below for a full list.
STAY PRODUCTIVE ON THE GO
Get Things for iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch and stay productive on the go (sold separately). The apps all stay updated via Things Cloud – the push sync service that we custom-built for Things.
If you have any questions, or run into any trouble – please contact us. We provide world-class, professional support for Things, and we’ll be glad to help you.
What's New in Version 3.1.3
• Improved the display of deadlines for overdue projects in the sidebar.
• Improved natural language date parsing for Traditional and Simplified Chinese localizations.
• Fixed a crash that could occur in the Russian localization.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to insert a new to-do while editing another one.
• Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to delete a project via its ellipsis menu while editing it.
• Fixed some issues with data migration from Things 2 > 3.
• macOS 10.11: Fixed a hang scenario in the Jump Start popover menu.
• macOS 10.13 beta: Fixed row height issues when opening a list in a new window.
• macOS 10.13 beta: Fixed a glitch in the Jump Start and Deadline date pickers.
• macOS 10.13 beta: Added a workaround for Apple Mail and Quick Entry with Autofill.
Support really took a dive with Things 3
Considering the moolah that this company must be making from the sales of Things 3, I’m surprised that they couldn’t increase their support load. Requests take more than a week to hear back, even when you indicate that the request is urgent. On top of that, the latest version has a bug that orders the items arbitrarily on the “Today” view - if you’re serious about project management, this could be a hurdle to getting your work done in the correct order, and I’d advise steering clear of that app until that issue is resolved.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 21, 2017
- Version: 3.1.3
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2008-2017 Cultured Code
Compatibility: OS X 10.11.0 or later, 64-bit processor