Things for iPad
By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Things is now available for Apple Watch. It comes with your purchase of Things for iPhone. ****
“A stylish, simple yet intuitive task manager for the iPad.”, “It makes managing tasks not only easy, but fun.” - Appstorm.com (9/10)
“What’s most striking about the iPad version of Things is that, like the Mac version (which won an Apple Design Award), it presents a stunning interface that could entice even the most disorganized user to, well, get things in order.” - Macworld (4 1/2 mice)
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in many countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
iOS 8 FEATURES
Updated for iOS 8 with a fresh new design and great new features, including a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; a sharing extension for sending to-dos to other apps; Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running; and 64-bit support.
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.7.3
• Improved stability and bug fixes.
This app is absolutely wonderful. I love the whole philosophy behind the app - do what you can do today. I really like how the today list not only consists of what is due and/or scheduled for today, but also what you WANT to get done today. That way you can use due dates *only* when the todo actually has a due date. The Scheduled list is also very nice, which you can schedule todos to appear in the Today list and also make repeating todos. The calendar date picker is wonderful, you can set due dates in a snap. If you have complex tasks with multiple steps, you can create a project, and further sort tasks with tags (contexts, like home and work, priority like high, medium or low, by time or anything else you think of). I just really love everything about this app and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a todo/task manager. Give it a try.
Fantastically Useful App
It's absolutely fantastic and I can honestly say it's changed my life. Here's why I like it:
- Easy to learn and use.
- Future To Do's can easily be scheduled.
- You can categorize To Do's and filter them to look at only a particular category. I'm only using Work, Home, and $.
- Completed items disappear and are archived.
- One feature I especially appreciate is that my lists are automatically synchronized between my iPhone and my iPad. When I get a Mac, it'll synchronize there as well. I can touch it anywhere and it's updated everywhere.
- **Items can easily be added by voice via Siri.** Love this one.
- You can easily set up Project To Do Lists - basically a sub-category. e.g. I might set up this to gather all the things I need to execute for one client project.
I run three lists: Today, Scheduled (which automatically transfer to "Today" when the day arrives), and Inbox (for stuff I just want to do at some point or another - What David Allen in Getting Things Done calls your "Capture Mechanism").
It's basically solved a problem I've had my entire professional life: Easily managing every day's To Do's but only showing what I really need to do that particular day and seamlessly moving items day-to-day as needed. I used to do this by paper and it was a huge pain.
Highly, highly recommended.
Great app, shared lists for husband/wife
Love this app, use it every day. Great sync across multiple devices. Husband and I use it for grocery lists, things to do, packing lists for trips, movies we want to see, etc. I wish it had one more feature, that is to both check an item as done but not to delete from list. For example, if I make a packing list for a trip and want to mark as yes, I packed that item, but also want to keep the list intact to use on another trip later. Another way to do it would be having the ability to copy master lists and rename it for a specific trip.