Things for iPad
By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It's the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
"A stylish, simple yet intuitive task manager for the iPad.", "It makes managing tasks not only easy, but fun." - Appstorm.com (9/10)
"What’s most striking about the iPad version of Things is that, like the Mac version (which won an Apple Design Award), it presents a stunning interface that could entice even the most disorganized user to, well, get things in order." - Macworld (4 1/2 mice)
“I’ve moved my to-do items and projects among nearly a dozen iPad apps for so long that I now know them by heart. I’ve tried apps that are more expensive, less expensive, ad supported, and free, but at the end of the day the one I liked best was Cultured Code’s Things.” - Incredible iPad Apps for Dummies
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in many countries
• Featured by Apple in "New Year, New You"
• Featured by Apple in "Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People"
• Featured by Apple in "@work - Apps for Business"
• Featured by Apple in "Best of iTunes Rewind 2010"
When you start using Things, you'll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things' beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn't come at the expense of power – everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won't miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what's coming up Next, and what's Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can't work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Macs, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad (apps sold separately). And best of all, Things Cloud is free.
Visit our web site for more information about Things for iPad.
What's New in Version 2.2.5
• Improved stability and bug fixes.
I have used Things for several years now and love it. It's invaluable for keeping track of multiple projects with their related tasks, and individual unrelated tasks; all of which may be one time (oh, I can't forget to do [fill in the blank] ), scheduled for a specific date, or repeating on a daily, weekly, monthly, or even yearly, basis (like send my mother in law flowers :)
You can schedule your tasks and projects to show in the today list on a certain day, or days before they're due.
It follows the book "Getting Things Done" principles; if you're not familiar with them, it's a very helpful read!
FYI, many of the negative reviewers simply don't know how to use the program. I laugh as I see them complaining about features they want that ACTUALLY ARE THERE. Or they try to use it wrong and somehow that becomes the programs fault lol. Some people you just can't help! I'd say there IS a learning curve, and while this program is great, nothing is going to completely replace personal discipline :)
So that being said, i've got to look over my "today" list and see if I really want to do all those tasks today or reschedule some of them; glance over my projects and "Next" list and see if I want to put some of those tasks in my today list; and arrange my today list in the order I want for my day.
Can't wait for my last "task" of the day... Take my wife out to dinner. Yes, it's going to be a good day.
Robust Task Manager Focused on Simplicity
There are many task managers in the App Store and most of them have huge numbers of features. Most of those features go unused and just get in the way of getting the job done.
I prefer Things to the feature-burdened apps because I need prefer to focus on my work instead of my task manager. Things handles and organizes my to-do lists and allows me to group them in areas, projects and tags. These three organization methods are almost too much. I periodically review all of it and simplify my system to make sure that my system supports me and stays out of my way.
If you get paid to spend all day organizing your tasks excessively, you might want 100s of features to keep you busy. I get paid to execute and my task management system help me not drop anything. Simple and to the point. Excellent App! I highly recommend it.
Great app, but...
I love this app but it has one huge drawback; you have to purchase separate versions for each of your devices. I believe the developers claim this is an Apple issue but either way it seems ridiculous to have to buy one version for my iPad, another for my iPhone, and one for each my desktops (home, work). That gets expensive! I also wish there was a Windows version for my desktop at work. It can be a challenge being a Mac user in a Microsoft world. Minimal critiques aside, Things is great app that got even better when it upgraded the ability to sync between devices via iCloud. Things is a great app for those looking to enhance their productivity in a fairly streamlined fashion.