Things for iPad
By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Updated with full support for iOS 9—including new Slide Over and Split View multi-tasking, and new keyboard shortcuts. ****
“A stylish, simple yet intuitive task manager for the iPad.”, “It makes managing tasks not only easy, but fun.” - Appstorm.com (9/10)
“What’s most striking about the iPad version of Things is that, like the Mac version (which won an Apple Design Award), it presents a stunning interface that could entice even the most disorganized user to, well, get things in order.” - Macworld (4 1/2 mice)
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in many countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Things for iPad includes new Slide Over & Split View multi-tasking support; new keyboard shortcuts; a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; and Push Sync with Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.8.6
• Fixed an issue where the Things Cloud switch would appear to be off after restoring from an iCloud backup.
• Minor improvements for sync.
One of the best!
This is definitely my favorite to-do app. I use it on iPad, iPhone and Mac to organize all of my workflows using the Getting Things Done methodology. I use Notability to capture my notes during meetings and brainstorming sessions, then go through the notes and create "things" to do to get the job done.
There are more robust to do apps out there, but this interface and just the way this app works strikes a near perfect balance between simplicity and capability.
Nice work Devs!
Great tool, needs features
I've been using things for years to organize my disorganized life. I really like the way it runs and the way it's set up. It would be nice if the iPad version ran the same as the iPhone version. Another feature would be geographically triggered and time triggered reminders but that may be beyond Apples allowable functions. Attachments would be nice also.
I get things done
I've struggled for years to find an app that can actually help me accomplish tasks quickly and easily so that it almost blends in my life. Things is that app. It's perfect in letting me sync between my iPhone, iPad, Watch, and Mac. I always know when things are due and it isn't annoying like some to-do apps are.