Things for iPad
By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
*** Updated for iOS 10 ***
“A stylish, simple yet intuitive task manager for the iPad.”, “It makes managing tasks not only easy, but fun.” - Appstorm.com (9/10)
“What’s most striking about the iPad version of Things is that, like the Mac version (which won an Apple Design Award), it presents a stunning interface that could entice even the most disorganized user to, well, get things in order.” - Macworld (4 1/2 mice)
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in many countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Things for iPad includes new Slide Over & Split View multi-tasking support; new keyboard shortcuts; a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; and Push Sync with Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.8.10
• Fixed a crash when creating a new to-do with VoiceOver.
Amazing but I have some FRs
Been using this app for the last 9years, amazing product that only gets better over time. Amazing company in this day and age to keep selling a premium product and keep it relevant.
Things I love: apple reminders integration, UI/UX, day-use color scheme (though it could use a night mode to preserve my sleep when I want to do quick entry / mind dump before bed), stability!!!, cross platform sync (only had a few sync errors EVER!, that blows native Apple apps out of the water on quality, AoF vs Projects - makes GTD and whole-life organization uber easy.
P0: none, it's amazing like I said.
P1: night mode - see f.lux's website for all the reasons this is incredibly important for all our devices and apps, night shift is NOT enough for apps with loads of white in their UI
P1: Ability to skip into a project directly from the Today view on mobile. Make the project name clickable.
P2: Corporate server based sync, or WebDAV. Would be great to be able to get my corp to whitelist this app if I could run sync off an internal server.
P2: Bulk edit features on mobile, very hard to move multiple tasks around on mobile.
P3: Even more iPhone integration! Capture the article title into a note name from the share menu, faster ways to jot down a quick note.
Things is an outstanding app for organizing tasks and projects. The program is exceptionally robust. It allows users to organize work in a very structured way while preserving ease of use.
Don't be concerned about the relatively high cost. You get what you pay for and Things allows users to organize tasks in a very sophisticated manner. The cloud sync works flawlessly so that I use things on my iPad, iPhone and iMac seamlessly.
Things has allowed me to be much more organized and effective in both my personal and work life. I'd be lost without it.
The one I keep going back to...
A bit of a Task App junkie, that's me. I've used them all. GTD apps that is. Things is my favorite. I also use OmniFocus, but it is more than I need, though a real gem. Things hits all the right buttons for me. Sync is flawless between my three mobile devices, watch, and my Mac, so I am always up to date.
My only suggestions? 1) Give us subtasks and 2) Make the checkboxes a bit bigger, with the choice of putting them on the left or right side of the screen.
Simply love Things!