Things for iPad
By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
*** Updated for iOS 10 ***
“A stylish, simple yet intuitive task manager for the iPad.”, “It makes managing tasks not only easy, but fun.” - Appstorm.com (9/10)
“What’s most striking about the iPad version of Things is that, like the Mac version (which won an Apple Design Award), it presents a stunning interface that could entice even the most disorganized user to, well, get things in order.” - Macworld (4 1/2 mice)
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice in many countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Things for iPad includes new Slide Over & Split View multi-tasking support; new keyboard shortcuts; a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; and Push Sync with Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.8.8
• Improved stability and bug fixes.
Great app, glacial development
I keep returning to Things. It is an amazingly powerful and incredible easy-to-use task management system. The syncing service is second-to-none, updating devices within moments of a change.
One insight sets Things apart: "Today" is a state, not a date. You assign "today" status with a single touch, not having to selected a date from a calendar. If I don't finish a task, I can just leave it on the list, no need to drag hit to a different date. (And hey, developers of to-do lists everywhere: If I didn't do a task yesterday, that doesn't make it the most important thing to do today. It's usually just the least important thing yesterday. Stop making it red and flagging it as overdue.)
So why do I "keep returning" to Things, rather from than sticking with it for years? Because it's been years. Great as the program is, development of new versions takes forever. We've been waiting for version 3 since, what, 2013? It's like they are just waiting for the software to evolve on its own.
To summarize: love the app, but frustrated by the lack of progress on new versions.
I love Things!
I have used this app for a couple of years now and I am highly satisfied. I get a bit crazy about ordering and reordering my lists and this makes it so easy. Syncs across both devices so I have it with me always.
Beauty but a beast too
The more I have to do, the more I find that Things works for me.
Simple and powerful, flexible. Now using it on all 4 platforms, and it's helping me an awful lot.