Time Out: Make your city amazing
By Time Out Digital Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Min Digital Awards 2014: Best Smartphone App – Free
* Ozzie Awards 2013 (sponsored by Folio): Best App, Consumer
* LA Weekly Web Awards 2013: Best App
You live in a big, loud, wonderful city where lots of incredible things are happening all the time. So many things, in fact, that you can easily miss brilliant events and great nights out in the excitement.
That’s where the Time Out app for iPhone comes in. It’s got all the exciting stuff (the gigs, bars, restaurants, clubs, film openings and more) happening in some of the world's greatest cities.
Whether you are in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, London, Paris or Barcelona, everything worth knowing about is in one place – your phone.
The Time Out app is constantly updated with new events and recommendations from our editors, giving you hundreds of options throughout the day. No matter how busy you are, you need never miss out.
- Beautiful design and user experience
- 'Editor's picks': Discover the best events, bars, restaurants and things to do, as recommended by Time Out editors
- Shortcuts to instant inspiration from the homescreen.
Suggestions change throughout the day so you get what's most relevant for right now.
- 'Find': Browse our entire database using a variety of criteria, for planning right now or later. View your results on a map.
- 'Most popular': Find out what's hot in your city
- 'History': Check back to see previously viewed items
- 'Favourites': Save items to your list
- Book restaurants without leaving the app
- Switch between cities to see recommendations from our teams in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, London, Paris and Barcelona.
What's New in Version 3.10
Don't bother - go to the real site
It pains me to write this. I *love* Timeout. When I lived in Chicago I paid for a magazine subscription, and gave gift subscriptions to friends. The writers are generally smart, funny and right on target.
But this app has so little information that it's essentially useless. I don't know how they selected the restaurants that are listed from the wide and long list of restaurants they reviewed on the website but this super-edited is not helpful. And lack of the many search options that they have on the website, including by neighborhood, again makes it useless.
Find a few curated suggestions
The Time Out app offers a small, highlighted selection activities from what their website contains. It's good if you want to see a quick list of top picks. For more selection and more flexible browsing and search options, you'd be better off using their website.
This magazine always makes me want to pack up everything I own and move, especially Time Out New York. The only thing better would be having a writing job for them. It's my favorite magazine.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 3.10
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, Spanish
- Seller: Time Out Digital Ltd
- © 2011-2014 Time Out Digital Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.