By Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager. It’s the perfect companion for everything you want to achieve in life, offering a great balance between ease of use and powerful features.
**** Includes a new app for Apple Watch ****
“Things sets itself apart in flexibility and ease.” - O’Reilly, Best iPhone Apps
“Things definitely tops our list of GTD applications for the iPhone.” - Cory Bohon, Mac|Life — 5 stars
“If Things sounds simple, that’s because it is. Other to-do list managers I’ve tried have, quite honestly, gotten in the way of me getting things done. Things doesn’t do that. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.” - Macworld — 4 stars
• Macworld UK Award “Best iPhone Business & Utility App” - Winner
• Mac|Life Editors’ Choice Award - Winner
• Featured by Apple as Editor’s Choice in more than 25 countries
• Featured by Apple in “New Year, New You”
• Featured by Apple in “Get Stuff Done - Apps for Productive People”
• Featured by Apple in “@work - Apps for Business”
THINGS FOR APPLE WATCH
Things is now available for Apple Watch—included for free with your purchase of Things for iPhone. Have all of your to-dos for the day easily accessible on your wrist, and mark them complete as you go; focus on specific projects; track your progress as you complete to-dos throughout the day; and enter new to-dos easily just by speaking to Siri. See the app in our new video! → http://things.watch
iOS 8 FEATURES
Updated for iOS 8 with a fresh new design and great new features, including a Today Widget in Notification Center for quick access to your to-dos; Handoff support for seamless transition between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch; an “Add to Things” extension for creating to-dos from other apps; a sharing extension for sending to-dos to other apps; Background Refresh to keep to-dos up-to-date even while the app isn’t running; support for larger displays on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus; and 64-bit support.
When you start using Things, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to enter and manage your tasks. And with Things’ beautiful interface, task management becomes a delight. But all of this doesn’t come at the expense of power—everything you wish for in a task manager, Things has you covered.
• Today: Decide which tasks you want to do today and put them into your Today list. Throughout the day, come back to this list to check items off. Things will automatically show you due and scheduled items there once their date arrives - so you won’t miss anything important.
• Focus: See what you need to do Today, what’s coming up Next, and what’s Scheduled for later. Put tasks in Someday if you can’t work on them right now, you can always come back to them later.
• Keep organized: Work, Family, Hobby - with Things, everything has its place. Projects and Areas of Responsibility let you master complex tasks and stay on top of your responsibilities in life and work.
• Use Tags to assign contexts, priorities, time – whatever fits your personal workflow. Quickly filter a list to find those tasks which are most relevant now.
• Out of your head, into Things: Enter new ideas the moment they hit you. Adding to-dos is always just a tap away.
• And much more: Create repeating tasks, add due dates, schedule tasks for a later date, review completed tasks in the Logbook, etc.
Your to-dos, on all your devices. Things Cloud is a free service that stores your to-dos and updates them quickly & effortlessly across your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch (Mac & iPad apps sold separately).
We provide world-class, professional support for Things. If you have any issues or questions about the app, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you: http://things.support
What's New in Version 2.7.4
• Added a “View” action to the daily notification.
• Fixed a bug where the app state saved for restoration could be reset for some users with large databases.
• Fixed a bug where the app could take longer than usual to suspend in some specific situations involving repeating task templates and recurrence rules.
• Improved sync performance.
• Fixed a bug where a project’s title inside a task might not be updated correctly after a change.
• Fixed a bug where both the app and the glance were incorrectly handling the removal of a task or project.
• Fixed a bug where the glance wouldn’t react correctly if it was previously displaying the contents of a project that was later removed (it now defaults back to the Today list).
• Fixed a bug where the Inbox/Today toggle button would disappear too quickly in some very specific cases.
• Fixed a bug where some users might still see placeholders in the glance (was only partially fixed in a previous update).
Sometimes less is more
So much of to-do apps comes down to personal preference of philosophy. Every app has a slightly different take, and one might jibe with you and not for other people. I've been a pretty staunch OmniFocus user for a while, but started feeling like I was spending more time tweaking the endless options rather than just doing the work. Thus, after a brief stint with WunderList, I'm back to Things. The biggest selling point for Things to me is the built-in Today view. You can move things in and out of Today in a number of ways (both automated and manually), and then when you're ready to focus, that's where you work from. I had tried Things a while back and gotten a bit frustrated with its less sophisticated implementation of repeated tasks/projects (compared to OmniFocus), but now that I'm back, the limitations feel more like deliberate design decisions that don't deluge you with endless options.
If you like the Things way, then it's great. It can work with GTD, but with the additional focus on Today vs Everything Else. For me, this works great.
Just what I needed
Before settling on using Things, I searched around for reviews of all the different productivity apps. I asked for suggestions from my friends. I looked at 2Do, OmniFocus, Wunderlist, Apple Reminders, AnyList, Clear, etc. The list could go on. I even bought the iOS version of OmniFocus to try it out. I had downloaded Things a while back when it was a free download for iOS.
After doing all the research I could and experiencing these apps for myself, I couldn't help but choose Things. I absolutely love it. Things Cloud is spectacular. I love the design of the app and the logo. Importing todo's from Apple Reminders via Siri works perfectly. I ended up buying the Mac app as well. Everything works phenomenally well.
I keep coming back
I've tried other todo apps and I always find myself back with Things. It's just so incredibly intuitive and I love being able to quickly schedule things for future days without having to put an explicit due date on it. The syncing is amazing. Make a change and it shows up on the other devices in seconds. So great.
My only complaints are the lack of parity between the iPhone and the Mac and that it is strictly limited to the apple ecosystem. No web app. No windows app. This makes it tricky to use at work. (Why can't I duplicate a task on the phone?? Why?? I don't get why some features just aren't there in iOS.) but it's such a joy to use that I'm more than happy with it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 12, 2015
- Version: 2.7.4
- Size: 26.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2008-2015 Cultured Code
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.