Think Dirty – Learn Beauty Ingredients, Shop Clean
By Think Dirty Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Think Dirty is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. It’s an independent source that allows you to compare products as you shop. Just scan the product barcode and Think Dirty will give you easy-to-understand info on the product, track dirty ingredients and shop for cleaner options
• Barcode Scanning: over 305,000+ cosmetics and personal care products majority from Canada and the U.S. are currently in our database.
• Dirty Meter® a comprehensive rating is given, along with detailed (but easy-to-understand) information on ingredients, certifications, and health impacts.
• My Bathroom Rating: keep track of what’s already in your bathroom. Learn your current bathroom rating, and track your progress on “cleaning” it up.
• Shopping lists: save products to make shopping faster and easier.
• Buy it now: buy products directly from Amazon.com or Amazon.ca
• UPC Submission: Are we missing a product? Scan and submit a barcode for us to look into. For registered users who submitted products, we thank you and will notify you once they are in our database.
As mentioned in:
25+ Apps To Make Your Everyday Life Easier – TED Blog
7 New Beauty Apps You Need to Download Now – Allure Magazine
26 Underrated Apps Every Twentysomething Should Download Right Now – BuzzFeed
The Beauty And Fashion Apps You Need To Download, ASAP – Glamour Magazine UK
O Magazine, NPR, Fast Company, Huffington Post, TED Blog, Allure Magazine, The Atlantic, PSFK, New York Magazine, Buzzfeed, Consumer Reports ShopSmart Magazine, Global News, Toronto Star, City TV, CTV, App Central, Brit + Co, Refinery 29, Telegraph, The Guardian, Design Taxi
“It helps me make informed choices on products that I am bringing home.”
– TED Blog Staff, Kyle Shearer
"Tse's quest for greater transparency is personal. Her mother is a breast cancer survivor, so she's sensitive to hidden dangers in the products around us."
– Fast Co. Exist
"Think Dirty miiiight be the best app ever" – Grist
"Buying safe cosmetics has never been easier." – Ecouterre
"Brilliant idea: 'Think Dirty' app tells you the ingredients in your cosmetics."
– Inside.com Jason Calacanis
"Think Dirty is an app that makes figuring out exactly what you’re slathering on your face, lips, bod (and, yikes, then washing down the drain) as easy as snapping a picture."
– Brit + Co.
"An App That Helps You Find the Safest Make-up."
– The Atlantic
"With a tool like Think Dirty, consumers can help find and promote good companies that are using nontoxic ingredients. You shouldn’t have to be a toxicologist to know how to find safer products."
– Janet Nudelman, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
"I love knowing the health impact of what's on my bathroom shelf. Every consumer of beauty products needs this free app"
– Karina Birch, Founder of Rocky Mountain Soap
As a small team, we are working diligently to accommodate the overwhelmingly positive amount of users' submissions (especially from our EU users) to our database.
We appreciate constructive feedbacks. Please email us at email@example.com if you have comments or suggestions.
What's New in Version 3.2.2
- Bug fixes
Love this app!!
I threw out all the toxic crap I was putting on my skin and absorbing into my body. The app offers a bunch of recommendations of products to make it easy to find healthy all natural brands and products too. I scanned Johnson's baby oil and it scored a 9! (10 is the highest for toxicity). Makes me ill to think that company is okay with selling that product for babies. You'll be boggled by what you find out about products you thought were safe. Highly recommend this app!!
Frustrated No Longer! Great App
Trying to use this app but it won't let me see their recommended pics without signing up. Have tried to sign up numerous times but continue to get a request failed message. VERY FRUSTRATING
Contacted customer support (Kim) and she was VERY helpful. Apparently there was an issue that the developers needed to fix which they did. All is well and I LOVE the app now that I can use it!!
My experience with think dirty
This app is changing my life. As I have been making changes in my own life and families this app has blown my mind. In with the new clean products and out with the old. I love my family too much to expose them to these dirty products with laxed labeling and fooling me. I have grand babies too. Sharing like crazy. Thank you for helping me see through the false advertising 😍