Think Dirty – Shop Clean
By Think Dirty Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Think Dirty is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. It’s an independent source that allows you to compare products as you shop. Just scan the product barcode and Think Dirty will give you easy-to-understand info on the product, track dirty ingredients and shop for cleaner options
• Barcode Scanning: over 550,000+ cosmetics and personal care products majority from Canada and the U.S. are currently in our database.
• Dirty Meter® a comprehensive rating is given, along with detailed (but easy-to-understand) information on ingredients, certifications, and health impacts.
• My Bathroom Rating: keep track of what’s already in your bathroom. Learn your current bathroom rating, and track your progress on “cleaning” it up.
• Shopping lists: save products to make shopping faster and easier.
• Buy it now: buy products directly from Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk
• UPC Submission: Are we missing a product? Scan and submit a barcode for us to look into. For registered users who submitted products, we thank you and will notify you once they are in our database.
As mentioned in:
O Magazine, NPR, Fast Company, Huffington Post, TED Blog, Allure Magazine, The Atlantic, PSFK, New York Magazine, Buzzfeed, Consumer Reports ShopSmart Magazine, Global News, Toronto Star, City TV, CTV, App Central, Brit + Co, Refinery 29, Telegraph, The Guardian, Design Taxi
25+ Apps To Make Your Everyday Life Easier – TED Blog
7 New Beauty Apps You Need to Download Now – Allure Magazine
26 Underrated Apps Every Twentysomething Should Download Right Now – BuzzFeed
The Beauty And Fashion Apps You Need To Download, ASAP – Glamour Magazine UK
“It helps me make informed choices on products that I am bringing home.”
– TED Blog Staff, Kyle Shearer
"Tse's quest for greater transparency is personal. Her mother is a breast cancer survivor, so she's sensitive to hidden dangers in the products around us."
– Fast Co. Exist
"Think Dirty miiiight be the best app ever" – Grist
"Buying safe cosmetics has never been easier." – Ecouterre
"Brilliant idea: 'Think Dirty' app tells you the ingredients in your cosmetics."
– Inside.com Jason Calacanis
"Think Dirty is an app that makes figuring out exactly what you’re slathering on your face, lips, bod (and, yikes, then washing down the drain) as easy as snapping a picture."
– Brit + Co.
"An App That Helps You Find the Safest Make-up."
– The Atlantic
"With a tool like Think Dirty, consumers can help find and promote good companies that are using nontoxic ingredients. You shouldn’t have to be a toxicologist to know how to find safer products."
– Janet Nudelman, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
"I love knowing the health impact of what's on my bathroom shelf. Every consumer of beauty products needs this free app"
– Karina Birch, Founder of Rocky Mountain Soap
As a small team, we are working diligently to accommodate the overwhelmingly positive amount of users' submissions (especially from our international users) to our database.
We appreciate constructive feedbacks. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have comments or suggestions.
What's New in Version 3.4.1
- Bug fixes
So many products we use on a daily basis are marketed to us as being "All-Natural" and "Eco-Friendly"... this app sort out the phonies and gives honest breakdowns of ingredient lists one ingredient at a time. This way, super science talk turns into something I, your average American can understand. Who knew carcinogens (cancer causing chemicals) are legally allowed to me in our shampoos?? Not me! Now I know what products are truly safe, and how to buy them in affordable ways with direct links from this app!
App needs to expand its product database
I gave this app two stars based on its potential to be great. The app would be much better if it’s product database was larger. Nearly every product I use is not in the database, and it’s not because the items are unpopular. It’s sad to say, but I must be honest: This app does not support “ethnic” product lines. However, it has been proven that products for people of color are much more toxic, so it would be of great benefit to have an app of this nature serve us as well.
I look forward to seeing this app improve.
Used to love, but now...
I hate that you have to create an account to use it. I have had this app for a year or two, but only use it occasionally...I just went on search for a product and I have to create an account. I don’t want or need more junk in my e-mail and am disappointed that they have made this change. At least make a partial version available for non-account holders if necessary, but to make it completely unusable? A shame. Bums me out, since I’ve had this on my phone for so long.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 06, 2017
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 54.3 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Think Dirty Inc.
- © All trademarks are registered for Think Dirty Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.