ThinkBook - Write, Plan, Outline and Take Notes
By Bitolithic Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ThinkBook is an immensely powerful app that combines note taking and task management. ThinkBook lets you take notes, create to-do lists, projects and outlines, organize your images and documents, all in the one app!
- Lots of note types: text, todos, questions, projects, attachments.
- Create notebooks and pages, they behave just like other notes, move and organize them however you like.
- Outline everything, all the note types can be indented and collapsed using gestures.
- Use special 'finder' notes to create dashboards.
- The slider, a brand new way to make new notes and rearrange, move, copy and delete existing ones.
- Tags, tag everything you can see. They're inherited, tag a notebook with 'work' and every note in it will be treated as work.
- Super fast search for text and tags.
- Dropbox integration. Backup and restore to Dropbox, export and import notes, pages, notebooks and projects as text, work on them on your PC, then import them back into ThinkBook. All these features also work using iTunes file sharing.
- Attachment notes let you store PDFs, documents and images right in your notebooks, including spreadsheets, music and video.
- Import attachments from other apps using their 'Open in …' option, the clipboard or iTunes file sharing.
- Four beautiful themes.
- A graphical tutorial to quickly bring you up to speed and a full set of instructions (as a notebook!).'
ThinkBook's interface is very fast and efficient but it IS a little different. This is what you need to know:
- ThinkBook uses gestures to indent and move notes. The left and right sides of the screen accept different gestures.
- On the left of the screen you can drag a note left and right to change the indentation.
- On the right of the screen you can drag a note right to push it into the slider.
- Tap on the slider to see all the things it can do.
- To delete notes push them into the slider then select 'clear clipboard' from the slider actions.
Liking ThinkBook? Follow us on Twitter (@bitolithic) for news and sneak peeks.
What's New in Version 1.4.2
Bug fix for new operating system versions.
Good complement to iPad2
Update: still using this app and still loving it. It is great for organizing information and ideas.
Just got this app to try out for taking notes in business meetings. Yes, you will want to read the intoduction to the app as the UI is different from the usual. But this inovation makes it a uniquely useful tool for note taking, thought organizing or what ever info you want to keep track of. Definately fills a need for something with more features than a app for short single notes and works better than a word processor (like Pages) would. Everything you need is to orgainze is right at your finger tips - literally. Worth the $1.99.
Tried it out in a meeting today and was able to take notes, organize them and create to do's for myself.
Haven't used all of the features yet, but I like what I am seeing. Also the support was quick in responding to my questions, even after business hours. Feedback was welcomed, which is a big plus.
One of the best apps...just need one more bit of tweaking...to be the perfect app.
Everything about ThinkBook is absolutely great! I use it for many things....from meetings, conducting trainings, work detail, tracking to do items, and so forth.
The only area that needs tweaking...is how to get the notebook to display when sharing it with other people to look the way it looks like inside of ThinkBook.
Currently when send to email...the outline becomes distorted. If it can't be done to display in an email like it looks inside of ThinBook, can at least a "select all" feature be added that would allow for a full notebook copy into like Pages or other document app...that would or may help the notebook not become distorted?
If that could ever be included....it would help this be....the perfect app.
Love it...kudos to whoever thought it up!
Changed my mind...
I’ve reloaded this and have spent a bit of time learning to use this app and it is much better than my first review indicated, when I gave it two stars. Once one gets the hang of using this, it becomes a snap to do things, keep meeting notes, make a simple task list, reorder elements, etc. So I’ve begun using this to keep all my meeting notes.
My only suggestion to the developers would be to make it sync with DropBox automatically, so that all my devices would stay in sync. I’d also love to see an iPhone version and a better way to email pages. PDF, please? Oh, and I’d love it if it could draw contact information [like email addresses] from the iOS contact app.