Your favorite THIRTEEN and PBS programs like Masterpiece, Nature and Frontline - streamed right to your iPhone and iPad!
THIRTEEN Explore includes:
* Full episodes from programs such as Masterpiece, American Masters, PBS NewsHour, Great Performances, Nature, NOVA, Antiques Roadshow and Frontline
* Ticket and DVD giveaways
* New York-centric shows like NYC-ARTS, MetroFocus, Treasures of New York and NJTV News
* TV schedules for all of the THIRTEEN family of stations: WNET, WLIW, NJTV, Kids Thirteen, World, Create and V-Me (iPad only)
With the ability to:
* Stream via Apple TV and Chromecast to your TV
* Save future shows to your calendar (iPad only)
* Share shows using Facebook and Twitter
* Favorite series and episodes
App no longer displays incorrect pre-roll
Ratings and Reviews
Great to have access to quality programming.
I'm glad that PBS is making it easier to stream their excellent content. I'm proud to support them as a Passport member. The app does sometimes freeze on the ads or fail to open the selected video. The video player is just the built-in Apple player so it doesn't have features like remembering your position, or the "rewind 10 seconds" button.
Most annoying for me, though, is that it doesn't list the episodes in order, or keep track of what you've watched already. So if you're returning to a multi-episode show, you have to remember what you've seen and hunt around for the right episode.
Passport module problematic
The basic application provides limited functions without difficulty. The problems abound for those who attempt to use the "Passport" functions following membership. Thirteen's tech support is limited to compound the issue. One would think that Thirteen would have their act together to provide flawless access as a member who attempts to use the Passport function to access premium program. Unfortunately that is not the case. Thirteen has created a paywall that is difficult for even members to navigate. The lack of adequate Techsupport makes the process just a frustrating experience. Bottom line join another station instead in the PBS network and hope for a better experience.
I'm thankful this app gives me the ability to Chromecast, but it could be majorly improved. Firstly, please add the option to display closed captions. Second, the app should keep track of where I am in watching in an episode when casting. In actuality, if i close the app when casting, but don't pause the video and try to return to the app a few minutes later, the app displays that I have restarted the video. Then, if I want to rewind, I have to make a blind guess at where I should move the tracker. Improve these and it would be ace!
- 26.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Danish, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2015 WNET
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.