Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your favorite THIRTEEN and PBS programs like Masterpiece, Nature and Frontline - streamed right to your iPhone and iPad, for free!
THIRTEEN Explore includes:
* Full episodes from programs such as Masterpiece, American Masters, PBS NewsHour, Great Performances, Nature, NOVA, Antiques Roadshow and Frontline
* Ticket and DVD giveaways
* New York-centric shows like NYC-ARTS, MetroFocus, Treasures of New York and NJTV News
* TV schedules for all of the THIRTEEN family of stations: WNET, WLIW, NJTV, Kids Thirteen, World, Create and V-Me (iPad only)
With the ability to:
* Stream via Apple TV and Chromecast to your TV
* Save future shows to your calendar (iPad only)
* Share shows using Facebook and Twitter
* Favorite series and episodes
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- audio would not play if iPad Side Switch was turned on
- some logged in Passport users could not view Passport videos
- video would occasionally not pause during sponsorship message
Great content; horrible player.
This is the first review I've ever written and it's because this is pretty much the most annoying app I've ever used. The ads get stuck so often that it usually takes 5 minutes to make it through a 25 second ad. Then sometimes the show will start but there will be an echo of the words being spoken. I have to exit the app and restart it several times to get the sound right. And after all that, the program will freeze and/or the picture will freeze while the audio continues. When that happens there is nothing to do but close the app and start over at the beginning with the buggy ads.
I realize this is a free app, but for much of the content you have to be a donating member. It seems that PBS needs to work on this app so it is worth donating to PBS.
Enough with the commercial interruptions!
Great app made cheap by ads punctuating the playback. Play the underwriting messages at the beginning of the playback and leave the rest alone. Deeply frustrating to watch Downton Abby or Finding Your Roots and have the momentum stopped abruptly throughout with little sense of timing. Especially vexing when one has to pay for the privilege of total access.
The audible ad and others come on and then stop and seemingly get stuck. It takes forever (it seems) for them to start back up and of course there is no way to bypass them to get to the program. You also cannot go backwards to the Home screen. I love this app except for this - PLEASE fix it! I would give it 4 or 5 stars otherwise.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 21, 2016
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 20.5 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Thirteen/WNET
- © 2015 WNET
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes