Samantha Bee wants to get you excited about the 2018 midterm elections in the best way possible: a daily trivia game with a cash prize of up to $5,000! And don’t worry, the game isn’t rigged; it’s for everyone! We don’t care if you’re Republican, Democrat, Green Party, or Gary Johnson, we just want you to get excited about voting.
Once per day, you’ll get the chance to answer 10 multiple choice questions about the midterms, current events and very important facts about democracy like in what 1980’s vampire movie Kiefer Sutherland played POTUS. Get every question right and you’ll win cash from the daily jackpot, split with the other winners (#winning)! Get every question wrong and you probably don’t know anything about the United States, so we’re glad you’re here.
How it works:
* Join the game every day when you get a push notification
* Answer 10 funny trivia questions while the clock counts down!
* Win real cash by answering all 10 questions right.
* Winners split the daily jackpot of $1K to $5K—and sometimes more!
* Got a question wrong? Embarrassing—but you can keep playing to win if you have extra lives.
* No lives left? Now you're in Dead Mode. You won't be able to win today's prize, but answer correctly to earn lives for the next game.
* Get bonus lives by signing up for election reminders, inviting friends, and completing weekly challenges. If only a political comeback were that easy!
Why did Full Frontal make this game? To get people excited about the midterms, maybe even excited enough that they’ll go out and vote! America's typical midterm election turnout SUCKS and we are 100% certain this game will solve everything. We want America to learn facts, register to vote, and get involved in the U.S. election process. Isn’t that beautiful? Don’t answer. We know it is.
All civic-minded people are required by law to play the game for a chance to win a cash prize. Non-civic-minded people are also encouraged to play. See you in the game!
* New challenges to get you in shape to vote on Nov. 6!
* New home screen—you're gonna freakin' love it.
* Leaderboard works now—which is *totally* why you weren't on it before.
* No more getting sent to dead mode if you have an extra life. If you're just getting questions wrong, well, can't help you there.
* Add a profile pic of yourself so everyone can see how good you look when you're winning money.
* Get a pop-up if you've joined a game too late to win. #TBT to when the internet had pop-ups!
Ratings and Reviews
Great concept, but problems with execution
The one time I could complete a quiz, it was very enjoyable and fun. The other two times I was supposed to be able to complete quizzes, the game just said the next quiz was “very soon” and had no time estimate nor any option to join a game. I understand if the servers were overloaded and the system couldn’t process the number of users wanting to complete the quiz at the same time, but I would really have liked some indication that this was the case - i.e. a “Servers are overloaded, so come back in 10 minutes”-type warning.
Additionally, the time of the quiz is really not ideal for my schedule, and I doubt it’s ideal for everyone else’s. An option to choose what time of day to take the quiz (maybe three-four options like 12, 3, 6, and 9 or even just two options) would really help with both the server problems and would probably encourage more people to play (you could always add a one-day penalty to changing your schedule so as to discourage cheating).
Regardless of the problems, I love the concept of this game and the jokes were fantastic. I hope these minor problems can be addressed to make the game equally fantastic. :)
Fun and frustrating at the same time...
I have thoroughly enjoyed taking the quizzes each day, although 6:00 sometimes kept me from playing due to dinner plans. I share with many others the frustration of late loading questions with limited time to answer and once I’d answered 3 correctly and it sent me into dead mode...I WAS NOT HAPPY...but for the most part, the game ran okay and I missed because of some tooky little trivial question.
One thing that did frustrate me was the extra life challenges in the bonus section....I wasn’t able to get some of them to work. I would click on the find Your voting place and get a voting reminder, but it wouldn’t allow me to do it. It just stayed on the same page. But...even with the glitches..it was lots of fun. I’ll miss doing this at 6:00 each day. I am old and I always vote, but I do hope this helped build awareness for the importance of voting. I won three times and I felt very pleased with myself! Thanks Samantha Bee and I hope you’ll do this again in 2020!
One question had huge impact, plus overall great game
So the serious moment first — about an extremely smart, strategic question/answer that had a huge impact on me. The topic was voter suppression, and, without warning, there wasn’t an answer or solution for one question. For a very little bit of time — with the clock ticking so quickly — I felt the panic and frustration of having no solution. I’ve intellectually sympathized and thought I knew how voter suppression felt. I was wrong. It isn’t a game when all options are cut off. I felt a visceral outrage while thinking “this isn’t right! There’s no answer! This isn’t fair!” The moment will stay with me forever. I’m still light years from appreciating full realities, but what a punch in the gut...
In the midst of fun questions, great humor, and helpful information, one question stopped me in my tracks: you’re right, Samantha Bee, the game is NOT a game. Thank you forever.
- Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- 123.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.