Meet Thomas, a curious rectangle, and help him unravel the mysteries of his existence in a wonderfully strange world. Experience 100 levels of award-winning platform gameplay and take part in an emotional story narrated by Danny Wallace.
- Selected in App Store Best of 2014
- BAFTA 2013 Winner: Performance (Danny Wallace as Narrator)
- BAFTA 2013 Nominee: Story
- BAFTA 2013 Nominee: Original Score
“Across the game’s gaps and hazards, there’s a real emotional journey filled with narcissism and jealousy.”
New York Times
"Sumptuous visuals and an engaging story."
“It proves that you don't need tens of millions of dollars and hundreds of staff to make a game story worth telling, just a good hook, an engaging vision, and a whole lot of heart.”
9/10 – Destructoid
"Thomas Was Alone is a winning piece of minimalist game design that manages to do a lot with a little in an industry which far too frequently achieves the exact opposite, and it deserves much praise for that."
8/10 - Official Playstation Magazine
** Experience the BAFTA winning, million selling game from creator Mike Bithell, now an Universal app available for iPad (iPad 2 minimum), iPhone (iPhone 4 minimum, iPhone 4S & newer recommended) and iPod Touch (iPod Touch 5 minimum)!
** A minimalist game about friendship and jumping
** 100 levels, one immersive journey
** Award winning story narrated by Danny Wallace
** Includes FREE ‘Benjamin’s Flight’ level pack, giving you more story and 20 additional levels to play through with young Benjamin, who goes in search of the Fountain of Wisdom aided by his father's incredible invention.
- Now supports devices running on iOS 11!
Ratings and Reviews
Thomas Was Alone is a brilliant platformer filled with creative challenges, a beautiful blend of minimalist visuals and music, and an exceedingly clever deconstruction of videogame mechanics. Story and gameplay merge to create a striking, darkly funny experience that will stick with you long after you’re finished.
I never thought I’d care for shapes so much!
What makes this simple platformer so engaging is its ongoing story. This seems like just a basic game of squares, but it’s so much more than that. As the player advances through each level, more of the story is revealed to them. A story of these squares, with individual names, personalities and thoughts. As the story progresses and these simple characters experience more of it, we begin to really feel for these characters and start to love them. Thomas Was Alone is such a mind blowing experience with more character development than most AAA games today!
Lol awesome game
It was worth it all the trouble talking with my grandma about my Apple ID and trying to download the game from my laptop to my phone
- Bossa Studios Ltd
- 240 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- ©Mike Bithell Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.