3D visual thinking for creative brainstorming, problem solving, collaborative research and education. Beyond 3D mind mapping – reflecting how minds work.
Thortspace diverges from conventional mind-mapping and concept-mapping software in a number of ways:
* Maps are structured around the surfaces of one or more spheres which are presented to the user in 3D
* Map-nodes (called "thorts" in the product) can be associated in groups according to proximity, as well as connected by paths
* Paths can be made to connect thort to group, thort to thort, group to group, thort to sphere, group to sphere, sphere to sphere
* Multiple alternative arrangements of subsets of nodes can be stored and transitioned between
* The concept of "Journeys" allows a series of viewpoints of maps in the 3D space to be visited sequentially, so as to make something of the form of a presentation
* The product supports a rudimentary implementation of social networking and a newsfeed that allows users to track their own and others contributions across collaborative spheres
Some of Thortspace's notable features:
* 3D associative and linking structures based on spheres
* Linking and association at multiple different levels of structure
* Real-time collaboration
* Sharing by email, social networking account, or by private link
* 1-click publishing to the web
* Thorts can contain images, URL links, and be colour coded in multiple alternative categorizations
* Thortspace is designed to support:
(1) experimental multi-perspectival reflection and play,
(2) the creation of chunks of thinking as building blocks that can be used to build thinking structures,
(3) process-orientation - thortspace empowers the journey, not just the destination,
(4) synthesis as well as analysis
Gooisoft’s Thortspace software is subject to international copyright law (c) 2008-2018 and also international patent law
with Patents Granted in USA, UK, Australia and HongKong and Patent Pending in Canada. UK Patent GB2494520 : Australia Patent 2012101951 : USA Patent No. 9,684,426 : Hong Kong Patent HK1183135 : Patent Pending Canada : Patent Application No. 2847602
Ratings and Reviews
Great concept but...
You can't place files within your structure. And another thing (but probably impossible at the moment) is to press a query button that shows keyword relationships between thorts- then you charge us for the level of AI comprehension.
If you apply this to business, you can map relationships between companies that are all tied together so you could use mutual references.
If you had a separate app that hooked into thortspace using google search- where you can automatically designate and place into a tree an article search url and level of content. Then you have the foundation for a good memory/reasoning program
You need to spend the money for graphics- human minds key visually and your about 10 years behind when you need to be three years ahead.
- Gooisoft Limited
- 301.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Gooisoft Limited (2008-2017)
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.