Threadnote for iPhone
By Bryan Clark
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Threadnote is the only note-taking app that lets you take short, tweet-like notes so you can quickly capture ideas you have, people you meet, and places you explore.
Threadnote understands that you don't have time to organize your thought before you jot it down. Just start typing - use #, @ or your location - and your notes will categorize themselves.
Time to recall an idea? Threadnote knows how to extract relevant notes instantly.
It's a beautiful app that keeps your thoughts private until you're ready to share them. Threadnote can send notes to select recipients through email, text, and many of the other apps you already love.
Contains TextExpander engine library, Copyright © 2009-2010 SmileOnMyMac, LLC. TextExpander is a trademark of SmileOnMyMac, LLC
HOW YOU'LL USE IT
* Capture your next big #idea the moment it hits you.
* Never forget a name again - jot down a bit about them and where you met
* Have a list of great #giftIdeas ready when the holidays arrive.
* It's July, you just came up with an amazing Halloween costume. Use a #costumeIdea tag to remember it later.
* Write down your favorite #quotes, #booksToRead, and #moviesToWatch.
* Suggests contacts from your Address Book to capture @people.
* Suggests #topics that you've recently used.
* Pick from our list of premade #topics, or create your own.
* View one or all of your notes on a map.
* Filter the map to show notes tied to a specific #topic or @person.
* View notes tied to a #topic or @person on a map.
* Drop a pin anywhere on the map to add a note.
* Capture your current location when writing a note.
* The map is never crowded --- notes are grouped if they're close together.
* Powerful search - Search by text, topic, person or place.
* Export - Export all of your notes as plain text or Excel
* Smart Delete - Delete tags without deleting notes!
* Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion
* In-app web browser
* Select-And-Search: select a few words in a note, and in the Copy/Paste menu, there's an option to search the web with that text.
* Safari bookmarklet to add new notes from your phone's browser
* Share your notes with your favorite apps: Twitter, Facebook, Tweetbot, OmniFocus, Pastebot, Simplenote, Due, Twittelator, Things, Quotebook, Day One, Echofon Pro, Byword, Notefile, Drafts, and The Hit List
What's New in Version 1.3
+ iOS 6 Compatibility
+ iPhone 5 Compatibility - use the whole screen!
Handy but flawed
I love the idea of using the inline tags to easily categorize your notes with words within the note, but repeated requests to the developers to add the ability to export notes and remove those tags has been ignored.
The tagging system is useless outside of the app, and including the tag symbols when exporting to other apps is a pain.
Despite this and a few other interface bugs, it's a great idea and a simple clever app.
This app has brought organization to my seemingly illogical life. I've tried mind mapping and all sorts of other apps, but this is the only one that works for me. Beautiful app in its simplicity and power. I wish I could give it more stars, if I could, I'd give it the Milky Way.
Capture ideas using Twitter style # and @, then find them again in a flash with easy but powerful filtering and then search within the filters. Great export. A "deep" app; beneath ease of use lots of power, including custom URL scheme for other apps to send over data.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 02, 2012
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bryan Clark
- © Threadnote
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.