thredUP | Buy & Sell Clothing
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
thredUP is the world’s largest online fashion resale shop with over 30,000 brands for women, kids and teens - at discounts up to 90% off retail. From tried-and-true favorites like J. Crew, Anthropologie, Kate Spade New York to designers you just can’t wait to try, thredUP has all the clothes and accessories you want/ need for the season ahead.
Just for downloading the app, you get 20% off your 1st Mobile App Order with promo code HELLOMOBILE. *
SHOP CLOTHING ON-THE-GO AT THREDUP
• It's the only shopping app you need for buying clothes. thredUP has the best deals on all your favorite brands.
• Hundreds of must-have styles show up every minute, so there’s always something fun to find.
• Not your average consignment shop. It’s super easy to find anything from petite, plus-size, maternity to junior and kids clothing.
• You can save your favorite search settings to check the latest like-new arrivals.
• All items are up to 90% off retail. It’s like one amazing sale. Every. Day.
• Orders ship fast via FedEx or USPS, usually arriving in 3-7 business days.
• Free Shipping over $79 + 30 Day Free Returns**
SELL CLOTHES TO THREDUP
• Order a FREE Clean Out Kit, fill it up, send it back for FREE.
• We list your items and you earn a little cash (or you can donate to a worthy cause!).
• Give clothes a second life, upcycle and save them from landfills.
• No more hauling your goods to consignment or thrift store, Goodwill, Salvation Army or spending hours trying to list on Ebay. Spend more time doing the things you love.
• Experience the joy that is cleaning out. When you simplify your closet, you simplify your life.
• Selling clothes is as easy as filling up a bag.
Where else can you shop H&M, Forever 21, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Coach, GAP, Old Navy, Ann Taylor Loft, and Banana Republic at the same place? Download the thredUP app to buy and sell clothes today.
* Limit 1 use per customer. Some restrictions apply.
••Free Returns for store credit
What's New in Version 7.7.8
Great for both buying and selling!!
I’ve loved this app for awhile for buying from Thredup - generally happy with whatever I’ve purchased and I appreciate being able to make returns.
I’ve recently started selling on Thredup and I’m really impressed! Yes, the payout is low on “paid upfront” items so I take that into consideration when deciding what to send in. But the items taken for consignment have a good payout. Having used several other selling platforms I’m very impressed with the transparency of Thredup (in your account you can see exactly which items they’ve kept, how much they’re selling for, you can change their selling price, see how many “likes” each item is getting from buyers, what sells and when it sells, etc and you can transfer your sales to a prepaid visa without being charged an additional percentage, unlike other platforms). And I like the “return assurance” option. Yes I have some items that I choose not to send into Thredup for payout reasons but I’m VERY impressed with the site traffic and how quickly the items I send in to them, SELL!
Used to be better, suffering growing pains now: B-
This is such a great idea and model for second hand clothing that I hope they will reverse a recent trend to expand at the cost of quality of merchandise, lower payouts for designer items, and what appears to be computerized customer service, made cutesy with exclamation points and emojis even when a complaint about defective merchandise was submitted. I have sold and bought with them many times over several years and they seem to be having trouble scaling up to a far larger, less organic operation. Somehow the ethos of the second hand market, which they certainly did not invent, seems to be eluding them in this more corporate phase. Fingers crossed that they will not lose their soul and moxie - it’s such a great model and i hope they will find their way back to being less about advertising and promotion and more about the quality of both trading and interpersonal transactions.
Really great way to recycle clothes and to keep up with kids growth and clothe them in great quality items that are out of reach at retail though.
I personally love this service. I’ve seen ThredUP receive a ton of backlash because apparently they rip people off. I sent my bags in not expecting to get a dollar in return. I’ve made around $70-$80 after sending in two big bags. I could care less if my payout wasn’t what it should have been. I just wanted to get rid of all my clothes with tags. It does take awhile to process the bags, but I understand that what they do takes time, especially when they receive numerous clean out bags a day. I think the people who claim they were ripped off just didn’t read the table that tells you what amount to expect based on the item you plan to send in.
I also have purchased from ThredUP recently and couldn’t be happier. The packaging was adorable and everything was in great condition. Not to mention I purchased 10 items for only $60. What a steal! I love this site/service and highly recommend it to everyone!😊