thredUP - Buy and Sell Clothing for Women and Kids
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
thredUP is the world’s largest online fashion resale shop with over 30,000 brands for women, kids and teens - at discounts up to 90% off retail. From tried-and-true favorites like J. Crew, Anthropologie, Kate Spade New York to designers you just can’t wait to try, thredUP has all the clothes and accessories you want/ need for the season ahead.
Just for downloading the app, you get 20% off your 1st Mobile App Order with promo code HELLOMOBILE. *
For your first-ever order on thredUP, use code FALL40 and get 40% off!
SHOP CLOTHING ON-THE-GO AT THREDUP
• It's the only shopping app you need for buying clothes. thredUP has the best deals on all your favorite brands.
• Hundreds of must-have styles show up every minute, so there’s always something fun to find.
• Not your average consignment shop. It’s super easy to find anything from petite, plus-size, maternity to junior and kids clothing.
• You can save your favorite search settings to check the latest like-new arrivals.
• All items are up to 90% off retail. It’s like one amazing sale. Every. Day.
• Orders ship fast via FedEx or USPS, usually arriving in 3-7 business days.
• Free Shipping over $79 + 30 Day Free Returns**
SELL CLOTHES TO THREDUP
• Order a FREE Clean Out Kit, fill it up, send it back for FREE.
• We list your items and you earn a little cash (or you can donate to a worthy cause!).
• Give clothes a second life, upcycle and save them from landfills.
• No more hauling your goods to consignment or thrift store, Goodwill, Salvation Army or spending hours trying to list on Ebay. Spend more time doing the things you love.
• Experience the joy that is cleaning out. When you simplify your closet, you simplify your life.
• Selling clothes is as easy as filling up a bag.
Where else can you shop H&M, Forever 21, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Coach, GAP, Old Navy, Ann Taylor Loft, and Banana Republic at the same place? Download the thredUP app to buy and sell clothes today.
* Limit 1 use per customer. Some restrictions apply.
••Free Returns for store credit
What's New in Version 7.6.5
Absolutely awful for sellers
I went on a binge and sent in bags of clothes. The first 2 times I did so I was disappointed in the amount I got back but figured that since I was getting something for them and it was simple to pack up and send off with minimal effort on my part, it worked well for me. At that time there was no fee for sending items in or processing them. Yes it took a couple of months but I was willing to deal with that. A few months passed and I went on another seasonal binge and sent in even more items this time from all members of my family. I again waited over 2 months for the bag to be processed to learn that I was getting $1 back. Without notifying me of the change in policy (I get email updates for everything else from them constantly) they charged me $8.99 for shipping per bag. Like others have said they give you pennies for items and charge outrageous prices when reselling them. While this didn't bother me when I got something back, I was bothered that they charged me shipping for the clothes on top of charging high prices on the items I sent in. Basically many of the items I sent in where new or had been worn once and they were selling for more than I had paid for them originally. I will donate to goodwill instead in the future as this company is using people. I get that it's a business but at least take care of those who are sending you the items you are marking up and reselling.
Do not sell your items on here!
Buying from here is great. Selling? Not so much! You literally get less than a dollar or a dollar for most stuff. I went into the app and looked for my clothes that I sent in just to verify that my assumptions about only getting about 10% were true. They are selling most of my stuff for about $8 to $20, they accepted 25 items out of one of my bags, said my payout was $22, then subtracted the $9 for my shipping fees. So I got $13. I sent in three bags and I got less than $50 total for all three. I did the math on what I would get at a normal consignment shop for those prices and it totals to around $300 pay out for me as as seller at 30% of the sell. Most consignment shops do 40/60 or 30/70....thredUP does 10/90. They are making all the money and claiming it is for shipping and processing fees...but then charging $10 shipping fee on top of that, so I feel like I got screwed and payed for shipping twice on each bag. I won't be sending any more stuff to thredUP....and as soon as I get the next round of things I ordered, then I will be deleting the app.
Do not sell here!
The communication with sellers is poor and there isn't an easy way to manage you items. I sent in a bag full of almost new items and so far I am in the red bc of the processing fee. Items such as Toms wedding wedges that were worn one time, inside for a couple hours were in near perfect condition but rejected for sale. Alternatively, I sent in a bag to Swap and that bag was processed faster and I have been receiving payouts quickly as items sell. Thred up might be nice for buyers but it's worthless for sellers. You basically pay them to donate your items. If I had known I would have just given items away locally.